K04 into octy vrs....

The Skud

I have sourced a good low mileage K04 with manifold and injectors and have a tuning company who are going to fit it and map it ( dare I mention CC Ph3) should end up with hopefully around 280bhp and 290-300lbs ft torque....the best bit...it will cost me less than

i wouldn't expect quite that return on either the parts your selling or on the turbo fitment /map either. if it does possibly make 280bhp and nearly 300lbft then i wouldn't like to see how long it lasted. IMO only of course.

also mate your gonna need a new oil line, change the oil, whilst your there they will change the oil filter too aswell as new plugs probably so easily another £100+ for parts alone then a bit of time to fit it. i would easily expect that £1600 to get to nearly if not more than £2000 by the end of it sorry to say.

:) Why not buy a "BAM" engine complete for around 2k comes complete with 6 speed box, LSD... Get TT twin intercoolers etc pay someone to fit it and then get it mapped

Should be good for 300bhp and be reliable

HTH;)

Phil

:) Why not buy a "BAM" engine complete for around 2k comes complete with 6 speed box, LSD... Get TT twin intercoolers etc pay someone to fit it and then get it mapped

Should be good for 300bhp and be relable

HTH;)

Phil

...errm that would set me back

the 225lump is a lot stronger than the one in any octavia(standard one that is) actually due to low comp pistons and stronger rods. the early ones had better flowing heads with bigger valves too :)

:) Quite so........... plus you get a six speed box and its ultra reliable. Driveshafts im sure can be fitted it just gives the Octy a wider track.... Speak to Andy @APS hes looking into it for me;)

HTH

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
:) Quite so........... plus you get a six speed box and its ultra reliable. Driveshafts im sure can be fitted it just gives the Octy a wider track.... Speak to Andy @APS hes looking into it for me;)

HTH

Phil

Doesn't work like that, the top of the struts is a fixed position, if you widen the track at the bottom you get a huge amount of positive camber. to do this you need the drive shafts off a A3 Quattro, besides at the power output I am talking about <300bhp there is no gain other than 6 speed box to be had from th stronger internals of the BAM, APX, APY engines.

Can we get this thread back on track...the whole point was about a straight K04-020 into an Octy Vrs:P :P :P

Dave, I dont think the gain will be as great as you think. The standard vRS turbo is the K03S, and this is basically the K04 inside a K03 housing. The only real gains will come from the manifold and injectors and these will be quiet small. 225BHP is easily achieved with the standard car without changing anything so it will be interesting to see what the remaped figures are.

Doesn't work like that, the top of the struts is a fixed position, if you widen the track at the bottom you get a huge amount of positive camber.

That would be negative camber if you widen the bottom.

If you get a BAM engine from a Leon R then you dont need quattro shafts as the box is already 2WD. I think this is what Andy @ APS will be looking at for Phil as we have been looking recently. I found a BAM engine complete with box and driveshafts for less than

PMSL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Leave the poor bloke alone. He is just after a turbo upgrade and if CC say they can get 300bhp out of a standard K04 reliably, I have every confidence they will on their rollers.

This thread just proves that a little knowledge is dangerous.

Leave the poor bloke alone. He is just after a turbo upgrade and if CC say they can get 300bhp out of a standard K04 reliably, I have every confidence they will on their rollers.

I don't think CC do claim to get 300bhp from a standard K04 it'll be more likely the 280 as Dave quotes in his original post.

I don't think CC do claim to get 300bhp from a standard K04 it'll be more likely the 280 as Dave quotes in his original post.

Umm, Post 12

.........But, 280bhp from a standard K04 sounds good to me. :thumbup:

Umm, Post 12

.........But, 280bhp from a standard K04 sounds good to me. :thumbup:

He just says the car will running under 300bhp hence no need for a stronger engine. I can see how it would be misleading though. I think 280 will be pretty much the max from a standard K04. It will be interesting to see the results as I can't think of anyone who has gone this particular route due to the expense and relatively small gains.

It will be interesting to see the results as I can't think of anyone who has gone this particular route due to the expense and relatively small gains.

I think it would be more interesting to see 280bhp on someone elses rollers other than CC, say Merlin's or Minster's dyno for instance. Not that I am a non-believer with past experience of their claims.

Good press is such a fickled thing don't you think.

I think it would be more interesting to see 280bhp on someone elses rollers other than CC, say Merlin's or Minster's dyno for instance. Not that I am a non-believer with past experience of their claims.

Good press is such a fickled thing don't you think.

Agreed. Personally I don't really trust the results of any RR and prefer to judge a car by it's on road performance.

• 2 months later...
Dave, I dont think the gain will be as great as you think. The standard vRS turbo is the K03S, and this is basically the K04 inside a K03 housing. The only real gains will come from the manifold and injectors and these will be quiet small. 225BHP is easily achieved with the standard car without changing anything so it will be interesting to see what the remaped figures are.

225 on a std car with only a remap is ermmmm dreamers figures on optimistic rollers, more like 210 at the most, k03s uses the K04 Turbine wheel but a smaller compressor wheel!

Sorry Des but I didn't say CC were quoting 300bhp at all.....I stated in my original post that I was going to use Custom code but only said that the engine strength / internals /advantages of the BAM engine did not really matter when running less than 300bhp ( I know that I won't get 300 out of a std K04, more like 260-280, as far as rr figures are concerned I use TRL at Halifax who run a reliable and consistent Dyno Dynamics Dyno ( have been on a Jap tuners RR Day, MX5 Tuners Day and seen everything from a 1.4 Ford Focus to a 400bhp Mitsi GTO run and get bang on what was expected with no prior knowledge of the cars by the operator who before anyone jumps in knows his stuff, tunes prettymuch everything with an engine!!! hell you should see my lawnmower go now!!:D :D

I'm agreeing with Bengie. If your run a K04 at 280hp, it won't last very long. Expect to see around 250hp.

For what your doing. And as EddyH mentioned, 'on road performance' you will pull away from a K03s by approxixmately 1-2 car lengths at the most!

besides at the power output I am talking about <300bhp

Sorry daver, you did. Not that it matters one jot. This is all more bad press for Custard Code. You will not get a reliable 280bhp out of a standard KO4 on anyones rollers unless they are, how shall I put it "seasonally adjusting their rollers". :rofl:

Hell ya, listen to the BS, let them take your money, I did. D*** a55 f*** that I am.

Free add for CC, I really don't think it.

Des, my quote was <300bhp, the '< meaning 'less than':rolleyes: I also said that I would probably be using CC as the company I had in mind to fit it is a CC Agent, I may well use Jabbasport or an other, as far as bad press for custom code, I fail to see how I have possibly said anything that would give them or any other company I may choose for mapping a bad name. Both you and I have been around on Briskoda long enough to know that those sort of comments are nothing but bad etiquette, I would have thought you of all people would have known better!