Furby vRS Filling Probs?

DANvRS

Does anybody else have problems putting diesel in thier Fabia vRS's? It seems to take me ages to get the nozzle in the correct position before the fuel will flow in at a decent rate, without it clicking on and off. I have heard of people having problems on certain pumps on any car, but I have tried a few pumps and its the same problem everywhere.

I have a similar prob, I have found the trick to be , to rotate the nozzle while filling till you can get the flow rate up.

??? Where is the vent valve located ??

Steve

Does anybody else have problems putting diesel in thier Fabia vRS's? It seems to take me ages to get the nozzle in the correct position before the fuel will flow in at a decent rate, without it clicking on and off. I have heard of people having problems on certain pumps on any car, but I have tried a few pumps and its the same problem everywhere.

The vent valve is at the 2 oclock position and or squirt it in as opposed to putting the nozzle in

Mine is a pain in the backside. I too have filling problems. If I hold the nozzel completely out og the hole it appears to go down better. Just watchout for diesel spillage over your clothes. I will have a look for the breather. Perhaps they have been pinched during fitting.

Regards

Colin

Had the same problem from day 1 - if I put the nozzle all the way in the pump just goes click - click - click, I've found the best way to withdraw the nozzle slightly and the diesel flows freely.

Have to be careful though, when you hear the tank getting full, ease back to prevent your feet getting wet!

Despite pressing the vent thingy I still can't get a full tank, but I've given up worrying about it now - let's face it I can still get nearly 600 miles on 7/8ths of a tank anyway ;)

I'll try pulling the nozzle out a bit next time....

On mine, if the nozzle is fully in, i.e. the black (or blue) "collar" at the end of the handle before the spout is pressed against the filler hole, it goes click all the time. If I pull it out about 3-5cm, so the collar is level with the outer body of the car, diesel goes in at full rate without a problem.

Using the expansion tank is a little art in itself though ;)

Why not do a ventectomy? The tank will fill much more quickly with less spluttering and will contain about 2 gallons more. See

http://www.cst.cmich.edu/users/willi1gl/VW/ventectomy/

The only difference on the Fabia is that the vent valve is on the right of the filler neck.

Just posting to say thanks for the solutions for this * click click click *. Started to p*ss me off. Had to buy 2-3sets of fuel at one point, the stupid pump cuts out after 5-10mins or something.

Worked well if you move the hose back abit rather the whole thing in its hole, fueled like a F1 car (not quite but there u go).

Cheers again.

• 2 weeks later...

it would seem that there is a problem with the calibration of my fuel gauge. I finally got it to fill ok, BUT only got 35litres in it. The tank holds 55litres, so there was still 20 left in it and the fuel warning light was on. A trip back to my dealer I think. :mad:

The answer to fuel capacity should be in the Skoda Fabia Technical data booklet included in the document packup which comes with the car.

PS: And the answer from the Fabia vRS tech spec on Skoda UK's site is 45 litres!

The answer to fuel capacity should be in the Skoda Fabia Technical data booklet included in the document packup which comes with the car.

PS: And the answer from the Fabia vRS tech spec on Skoda UK's site is 45 litres!

Fuel capacity on the ordinary TDi is 45 litres plus a 7.5 litre reserve tank so 52.5 litres. I actually don't have a problem refueling I got 48 litres in Wednesday, I think you just have to be gentle on the pump TBH.

The Octavia has a fuel capacity of 55 litres, of which 7 is reserve, except for the 4X4 which has 62 litres of which 8 is reserve. I would have thought the Fabia's 45 litre capacity included the 7.5 litre as reserve in common with their method of stating fuel capacity for their other models. And of course the tank is going to hold more than the declared capacity if you make use of the air space provided for fuel expansion.