Best dealer in East Midlands (Notts) for Warranty Work?

Hi,

My Furby Vrs is going to go in for it's first service soon and I am going to need to warranty work need doing - usual stuff, 06 stutter, flaking alloys, squeaky clutch. Can anybody recommend who will be least likely to kick up a fuss about doing the warrany work?

I know there is a dealers section on the forum but it seems to be missing a few dealers (such as Farmers in Nottingham).

Thanks in advance.

Halls of Ruddington have looked after mine since new. Ask for Neil, he seems to understand that some people can be fussy about their cars. Tell him that Richard with the Black vRS from Briskoda sent you and all should be well. :thumbup:

Halls of Ruddington have looked after mine since new. Ask for Neil, he seems to understand that some people can be fussy about their cars. Tell him that Richard with the Black vRS from Briskoda sent you and all should be well. :thumbup:

Are they Skoda authorised? The website only seems to mention Daihatsu.

Hiya,

The only Nottingham dealer is Farmers Skoda in Daybrook.

I would strongly not recommend them.

My car came out of its last service with bodywork scratched in two places, and grubby grease marks on the seats (not good on a vRS). Every time my car has been there, it hasnt been straightforward. Apart from the rectification work for problems they caused, my car will not go near that dealership again.

They dont do what I ask them to do (simple thing, I asked them to change the central locking on the first service so that all four doors unlock, and she wrote it on the worksheet). They are useless at ordering parts, they ordered the wrong seat base, and they tell you want you want to hear, rather than what is reality.

All in all, they are shockingly bad in my experience.

Even though I live in Nottingham, I will be trying a Leics dealer next, thats how bad I think they are.

This will probably make me move away from Skoda when I change my car, as its a PITA getting my car to a dealer. Halls in Ruddington were always excellent, but they are not shown as a Skoda Service agent now.

RBW.

Bit of a trek but Dennis Horton and Co in Lincoln havent put a foot wrong with our Furby and others on here have commented on their service too.

Cheers

ACSC:thumbup:

@TaviaRS - Yeah, I had a look on there, but as I said not all of the dealers have mentions on there.

@Rainbow - I've had experience with Farmers when I was trying to by a Vrs, they were nothing but rude. I liked the customer service at Clocks (Derby), but apparently their servicing isn't as good.

@ACSC - Looks like it is going to have to be either Lincs or Leicestershire :( What a pain.

Bit of a trek but Dennis Horton and Co in Lincoln havent put a foot wrong with our Furby and others on here have commented on their service too.

Cheers

ACSC:thumbup:

I travel from NG17 to Great Yarmouth, in Norfolk to get good service. Says it all :(

I would totally recommend Dennis Horton in Lincoln, had some dealing with them and found to be very professional.

Farmers, well had warranty work last year with them since thats were I brought the car when they were know as Renshaw & Newsome, although the work was done next day, they had no courtesy cars. If I do have a Skoda next time, it will be Hortons.

I travel from NG17 to Great Yarmouth, in Norfolk to get good service. Says it all :(

Ha, not that bad an idea for me as my parents live in South Norfolk, maybe I should be searching around there! :)

I agree with Farmers comments i'm affraid.

They took an age and a million phone calls befor getting my warrenty work done and there was a suspishion (sp) of how much fuel was used while the car was at the garage.

Halls or ruddington were by far the best skoda dealers arond here but alas they have lost their contract.

I dont think i'll be going to Farmers again as not only are they rubbish but they are extremly rude and ignorant too you unless your over 60

I will probably try Rainworth motors next time (near mansfield about 30mins from Farmers)

Or the one in Mount Sorel i think its called?

The garage in Mount Sorrel is very good, Albar Auto's IIRC. Clock in Derby avoid with a barge pole, told me my ARB on the Fabia had failed. Took it to Motorplus in Derby (VW Indie vv good) was told ARB was like new and console bushes knackered. I also agree Halls in Ruddington were very good.

I agree with Farmers comments i'm affraid.

They took an age and a million phone calls befor getting my warrenty work done and there was a suspishion (sp) of how much fuel was used while the car was at the garage.

Halls or ruddington were by far the best skoda dealers arond here but alas they have lost their contract.

I dont think i'll be going to Farmers again as not only are they rubbish but they are extremly rude and ignorant too you unless your over 60

I will probably try Rainworth motors next time (near mansfield about 30mins from Farmers)

Or the one in Mount Sorel i think its called?

My brother had his serviced at Farmers and had to take it straight back to repair the scratches they had kindly left down one side. I'm not taking mine there - ever! Definatley agree with the comments about being under 60, I know people who have been waiting to see the sales person for some time then an elderly couple turned up and the when the sales person became available they went straight to the older couple despite it being very very obvious they werent the first in the que. This attitude makes me & other people feel very agreived!

Has anyone got any experience of rainworth Skoda? I know they are very quick to get to just being off A614, any personal experience would be greatly appriciated?:thumbup:

My brother had his serviced at Farmers and had to take it straight back to repair the scratches they had kindly left down one side. I'm not taking mine there - ever! Definatley agree with the comments about being under 60, I know people who have been waiting to see the sales person for some time then an elderly couple turned up and the when the sales person became available they went straight to the older couple despite it being very very obvious they werent the first in the que. This attitude makes me & other people feel very agreived!

Has anyone got any experience of rainworth Skoda? I know they are very quick to get to just being off A614, any personal experience would be greatly appriciated?:thumbup:

Rainworth motors will soon be in Mansfield, when the new showroom is finished, 1/4 mile up the road from where they are now. Brand new building next to the Mazda/Ford dealer.

I bought my Octavia Vrs and the Missus's Fabia Vrs from Rainworth, sales were really good, got a nice chunk of cash off both.

My Octy has been back for two warranty issues, the glow plug sensor and a new head unit after the display packed up, and it's also been for it's first free service, i'm quite happy with what they have done on mine.

The Fabia has had a slight oil leak which has needed two visits to sort out so far so that's a bit concerning.

They have been helpful and friendly though so can't grumble, there is one chap there that comes across as being a bit blunt and rude and upset the missus when she rang up but was okay when i spoke to him about it.

It's a 70 mile round trip for me, clock garage is closer but i wouldn't use them if they were the last Skoda dealer in the country.

I have experience of them.

Have a look in the review section here for my comments. :grumpy: The comments on the second page make interesting reading too.

I believe although Halls don't sell Skoda anymore, they are still authorised repairers. Give the a call.

Just checked - from what I understand they are registered, however they can't do warranty work.