New Vrs

Ok much speculation on here wether there will be a Vrs at all. Well I have been told that the Vrs will be in production for the end on next year with two engines available the 2.0 Tdi (140 bhp) and the 1.4TSi (140 bhp). Skoda are aware that the Tsi enegine has not been too well recieved and are currently smoothing out any problems that this engine may have. The salesman (from a reputable co.) say's Skoda will definately introduce the Vrs as it has been a massive success. Why they have not introduced the 2.0Tdi (170) is beyond me. Maybe VW have put a block on this engine.

From what I have herd the 1.4 TSI in 140 bhp guise is a peach of an engine, its the 170bhp version that is a let down........ much the same as the 2.0 TDI's, it appears that for both the 140bhp is the one to go for :ne_nau:

Plus the Ocatvia is the 'flag-ship' VRS so I very much doubt that they would put the same engine in to it's little brother.... It would be like putting the 2.5 Turbo jobbie found in the Focus ST into a Fester ST.... as good as it would be it ain't going to happen :(

Ok much speculation on here wether there will be a Vrs at all. Well I have been told that the Vrs will be in production for the end on next year with two engines available the 2.0 Tdi (140 bhp) and the 1.4TSi (140 bhp). Skoda are aware that the Tsi enegine has not been too well recieved and are currently smoothing out any problems that this engine may have. The salesman (from a reputable co.) say's Skoda will definately introduce the Vrs as it has been a massive success. Why they have not introduced the 2.0Tdi (170) is beyond me. Maybe VW have put a block on this engine.

Well done go and get a pint in 'The Dexter':D

BTW. Anyone know the mpg figures for the 1.4TSi?

Why they have not introduced the 2.0Tdi (170) is beyond me. Maybe VW have put a block on this engine.

Maybe its an insurance group thing - Bloody shame though - At least Jabba will be quids in again

Do I know you or something?. What has a pub got to do this debate:rolleyes:

A pub has nothing to do with this 'debate'

I posted it because I'm from Alwoodley and know that area well -----End of Wigton Lane in Shadwell :rolleyes:

I think they'll make the 140's because to make the '170's would put them in the same territory as Seat... they are VAG's performance brand.... skoda the budget brand.... VW the classy brand.....

End of 2008. So that means probably early 2009 in the UK.

That's an awful long time to wait!

I don't have a Fabia Vrs at the moment but did in the past and I think it was probably my favourite car (partially because some badge snobs still expected it to be a 0-60 in 20 secs car and then it left them for dead!)

my dealer said the same engines, and a March 2008 launch... apparently!

VW the classy brand.....

^ surely Audi is the classy brand? ;)

my dealer said the same engines, and a March 2008 launch... apparently!

^ surely Audi is the classy brand? ;)

Seen this a few times ! Why do people percive that something that translates into 'Car of the people' is a classy/premium brand....

I own a VW, my Dad owns a VW and we don't think we've got something on a par with BM, Merc or Audi.....

In my mind VW's are a German Ford ... except with a 'reputation' (note I said reputation, not that they are) of being better screwed together and engineered than the likes of Ford, Vauxhall etc.....

Skoda = Value

Seat = Sporty Twist on Skoda

VW = Bog standard, decent brand with a few sporty winners based on the times before they were part of a huge VAG auto empire

Audi = Prestige/Exec brand

I can't see any snob value in the VW badge...... :confused:

I believe in March 2008 but only a petrol version until they are ready with TDI CR.

1.6 TDI CR have 125 bhp and that’s not good enough

The top 2.0 TDI CR have 204 bhp and that’s nice but perhaps it’s to heavy.

I hope VAG have a new 1.8 TDI CR with around 170-180 bhp. Lots of Nm in next generation TDI

Seen this a few times ! Why do people percive that something that translates into 'Car of the people' is a classy/premium brand....

I own a VW, my Dad owns a VW and we don't think we've got something on a par with BM, Merc or Audi.....

In my mind VW's are a German Ford ... except with a 'reputation' (note I said reputation, not that they are) of being better screwed together and engineered than the likes of Ford, Vauxhall etc.....

Skoda = Value

Seat = Sporty Twist on Skoda

VW = Bog standard, decent brand with a few sporty winners based on the times before they were part of a huge VAG auto empire

Audi = Prestige/Exec brand

I can't see any snob value in the VW badge...... :confused:

Seat is under Audi control, Skoda is under VW control. Each are the budget versions of their controllers. Audis always seem to be a bit more generous with their engines than VW. Case in point is the Ibiza had the 1.8T at least 5 years before the polo got it, and it looks like the Fabia will probably never get it. In a way the ibiza, even though it's a budget car, is a better buy over the polo for this reason.