Hey guys,

while looking around for a Feliacia 1600, due to me wanting to upgrade from my brilliant 1300 favorit in the future. I have noticed there are very little of them for sale.

There are pages of feliacias but they are mainly 1300's or 1.9 diesel.

Can you guys give any reasons why ???

when my dad had one his was quick, good for 60 in under 9 seconds on the tom tom so you would think they would be popular.

Daz

The 1.6 was only available for a short time from 1996 (?) onwards and only in the higher trim levels GLX & SLX and so was more expensive.

Andy

Have just bought a 1600cc for my son. GLXi .w reg. 44000 miles. One lady owner.Full history.New battery and tyres.Metalic paint. 12 months warranty.12 months mot.6 months licence.Very nice car in beautiful condition.Goes like a bomb. Lovely to drive. Paid

when my dad had one his was quick, good for 60 in under 9 seconds on the tom tom so you would think they would be popular.
The manufacturer's 0 - 100 km/h figure is 12 seconds - which I would not disagree with having owned a 1.6GLX for the past 8 years. TomTom doesn't sample readings fast enough to give reliable acceleration figures.

What I particularly like about the 1.6 engine is its flexibility at low revs compared with more modern engines. On further thought, that's about the only thing I like about the engine. :(

The manufacturer's 0 - 100 km/h figure is 12 seconds - which I would not disagree with having owned a 1.6GLX for the past 8 years. TomTom doesn't sample readings fast enough to give reliable acceleration figures.

What I particularly like about the 1.6 engine is its flexibility at low revs compared with more modern engines. On further thought, that's about the only thing I like about the engine. :(

I have owned a number of Felicia 1.6's - must admit I don't think the engine is as reliable as the 1.3 - which is basic and strong, and they don't often go wrong.

Aside from this the performance is good compared to the 1.3, it does do 0-60 in about 12 seconds, well mine does, and the other ones I have did - especially when they are well serviced. One of them topped out at 110mph, the current one I have is topping out at 98mph, which I think needs some work :rofl:

Value wise - they hold it well, I got my current one for

A Felicia 1.6 was my first car and I'm certain mine was quicker to 60 than 12 seconds, actually it felt bloody quick at the time but that was probably partly due to me being a new driver and it having entertaining handling :) Great, fun car.

well i beleive that a felicia could hit 60 in under ten seconds. My dad had 5 of them including the early 1600 without power stearing. All of them were quick. My dad would think nothing out of racing a 150bhp GTTDI golf, Would never get past them but these golfs could never drop him.

I think its how you drive them also. The garage we use which is a top Skoda garage in Shropshire always told us that from day one when they are new get them up to the red line and get the engine lose.

well i beleive that a felicia could hit 60 in under ten seconds. My dad had 5 of them including the early 1600 without power stearing. All of them were quick. My dad would think nothing out of racing a 150bhp GTTDI golf, Would never get past them but these golfs could never drop him.

I think its how you drive them also. The garage we use which is a top Skoda garage in Shropshire always told us that from day one when they are new get them up to the red line and get the engine lose.

Mine was the early one without PAS too which I actually liked because the steering had great feel and I could keep up with my dad's 2.0L Mondeo :)

why the speed diffarence between pas and no pas?

basically, it takes power to turn the PAS pump over, upto about 5bhp, plus the fact that the power steering gear/hoses/resovoirs/etc are a lot heavier