Uprate my clutch! But what?!

john_grant358

Right, heres the crack, it looks like im going to have to uprate my clutch for reasons i cant be a*sed to go into cozits bin doing my nut!

What would be great, would be if i could get some makes of good clutch kits along with the all important price and of coarse whereb best to get it.

I dont want to spend a fortune, jabba do a sachs one for

i think Techniclutch have been mentioned on here before , maybe a search will find it , but here is a link to another forum , stating problems with them , so my advice would be to stay well clear and go with what people on here have gone with , which is a known quantity , and remember power and reliability always comes at a price

Techniclutch warning. - GT-R Register - Official Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

I bit the bullet and got Jabba to fit the uprated organic Sachs clutch and it was well worth it - they even fixed some suspension problems when they put the subframe back together.

Hi

You can do the Sachs clutch or the Helix one

The Helix one being the most uprated

The Sachs one keeps the DMF (dual mass flywheel) and the Helix one does away with that and gives you a SMF (single mass flywheel)

The Helix is more expensive , but then if you are going to get big power and use it , it could be worth doing the Helix one

As has been said , there could be a few others , but here at Awesome we like to stick to what is used and known to be reliable

If you want to know a bit more info do a search

I know that Basil has used the Helix one and he raves about how good it was

Sarah

I have recently fitted the Helix clutch along with the single mass flywheel.

Absolutely fantastic!! :thumbup:

It will handle the power & torque of a custom remap no problem.

The only down sides are they are quite expenisve & there is a slight increase of clatter when in neutral on idle, but hardly noticeable when inside.

Ok, getting really bad vibe from this techniclutch company. Bin looking at other forums about them, one bloke said there actual name is techni-tw*ts!:rofl: all that glisens is not gold!

Looks like im going to have to spend a bomb.................kidney anyone?!

Thanks sarah for getting back to he, i dont think i can afford nearly a grand for the helix.

where does it say the larkspeed ones a paddle? am i being blonde?!

Im guessing the clutch i need to go for is the sachs one on jabba?

Is this a good clutch everyone?

I had a 5 plate paddle clutch in my first golf and it was nightmear to drive around town. Especially when the car was idling at 1800rpm due to stupid cam i had in it.

I would go with the sach one, as i will be doing in a couple of months, sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone do an uprated DMF? or a cheaper SMF to couple with the sach organic clutch and pressure plate?

cheers john

No worries mate, il be going with the sachs from jabba, i seem to be paying their wages this month! Id like to help u with the DMF and SMF but i couldnt even tell u what they are!

What are they? Im young and new to all this! Prob the youngest skoda owner in history!

No worries mate, il be going with the sachs from jabba, i seem to be paying their wages this month! Id like to help u with the DMF and SMF but i couldnt even tell u what they are!

What are they? Im young and new to all this! Prob the youngest skoda owner in history!

Most modern cars have Dual Mass Flywheels (DMF) in order to smooth out the running of the engine but these are known to fail or become week causing vibrations under high power or booting the car at low revs. many people running high power in the vrs convert to a Single Mass flywheel to avoid this problem.

Having driven a bora with the sach organic clutch i would definatley recommend one as they feel almost OEM But wont slip like the standard one. i will also be getting one once ive saved enough pennys.

Is it possable to get a uprated DMF??

Also john_grant358 let us know how you find the clutch iam thinking of getting a sachs kit would be nice to hear how it is. Ive read about a 80% good/great reviews.

Is it possable to get a uprated DMF??

the answer to that is probably , but as a standard DMF is stupid money , i'd imagine an uprated one to be rediculous money :rolleyes:

So what..Would i to expect with a SMF guessing that means Solid Mass Flywheel.

Doesnt the DMF take away vibrations from the engine so the gearbox doesnt go POP?

If iam right in what i said above this will mean more pressure and mainly vibration goes in to the gearbox which surely carnt be good.

i have read loads from searching on here but unstanding it all is another thing.

So what..Would i to expect with a SMF guessing that means Solid Mass Flywheel.

Doesnt the DMF take away vibrations from the engine so the gearbox doesnt go POP?

If iam right in what i said above this will mean more pressure and mainly vibration goes in to the gearbox which surely carnt be good.

i have read loads from searching on here but unstanding it all is another thing.

i don't know whether the gearbox would go "pop" if you run the SMF ,it does introduce some vibration into the gearbox on idle as the DMF is basically a damper to stop this ,so maybe the longevity of the gearbox will be shortened with the SMF fitted , not heard many reports of broken gearboxes though

one of the people to speak to about the SMF is Basil , i think there are a few others on here that are running the SMF also