Fabia exhaust

john_grant358

What exhausts do u guys go 4?

i dont want sound like a **** in a nova, but i want it to give it some more power, im having to uprate my clutch so power isnt gunna b a problem but money might be!

Will a new exhaust b*gger up my emissions for the MOT? im guessing im gunna need a cat and the whole system.

Are they hard to fit? could i do it my self? i fit the exhaust on my mini but any idiot could do that!

Any tips guys?

Milltek or Blueflame are the exhausts to go for, not really much in the way of performance gains. Little bit of a difference in sound but they never roar like a petrol.

No worries on the emissions, not applicable to a diesel.

You have to cut the original exhaust off and then bolt the new one up. Recomend the sports cat which means you have to get up to the turbo.

Best ask Sarah in her section, she might not see it in this thread.

I didnt see much in the way of gains when my Milltek was fitted (the Milltek exhaust was actually built on my car as mine was the trial vehicle). Decatting does improve flow a little but its not as restrictive as a petrol one.

Sarah see`s everything ;)

I have also had a PM too

But hey if I post on here then everyone can see too :D

The prices on our website contain a 10% discount

We do not want to just pass on the discount to forum users , so we pass on this discount to everyone

With this in mind we cannot therefore pass any more discount on

So the price on the web site is the price you pay....Sorry :(

But then it is a 10% discount you get anyway

Myself I have pushed the decat pipe for the Fabia with Milltek and am sooooo proud to see that it worked :thumbup:

I would say that if you are going to replace the downpipe , then do the decat

The only problem you will have is waiting for these to come in to stock with Milltek

They will not be available now until the end of July :(

Sorry

But the price for the system with the decat is

What exhausts do u guys go 4?

i dont want sound like a **** in a nova, but i want it to give it some more power, im having to uprate my clutch so power isnt gunna b a problem but money might be!

Will a new exhaust b*gger up my emissions for the MOT? im guessing im gunna need a cat and the whole system.

Are they hard to fit? could i do it my self? i fit the exhaust on my mini but any idiot could do that!

Any tips guys?

OK, you already have a remap. You're going for a new clutch too, so I guess boost isn't limited. Add a decat to a generic remap and you might have boost control issues. i.e. boost overshoots or spikes. Depending on the remap, it could hit 1.8-1.9 bar. The turbo doesn't like that.

So, I guess if I was decatting, I'd want my map looked at too. Even if it's not changed, an hour's RR and diagnostics is cheaper than a new turbo and/or engine.

HTH,

J.

I have it on good authority that removing the cat is a good thing.

You get quicker spool up, a smoother power curve, and a better noise. I don't believe over boost has been a problem.

i have never heard of over boost, is it a common thing with new exhausts?

No, its not. Probably only found with crap remaps. Removing the cat etc reduces the back pressure and it becomes a little more challanging for the system to control the boost. It should handle it fine if the remap has the right parameters in it, most do.

Best exhaust on a TDI is one which is as free flowing as possible. This is why I went for a complete stainless pipe, no backbox, no silencers, no cat... Sure, it's a bit loud but then I like that as it's totally "un-diesel". It's OK on a long journey though - not too boomy. Had no issue with it on the last couple of MOTs. :thumbup:

i have never heard of over boost, is it a common thing with new exhausts?

Some tuners are finding that the KKK turbo found on the vRS, is over boosting with custom remaps. It happens more often at the top end & the ECU throws the engine into limp mode.

Don't why this is happening, but it happened on mine & I've heard of others too.

The remap can be altered to slightly decrease boost at higher revs.

Don't think it happens with the Garret turbos.

do u get any extra power? how much was ur system? how loud is it inside?

Power is all relative. It probably helped free up some horsies, but it helps much more when it comes to being remapped. I paid a little over

How have u got 250bhp form ur furby?

how much have u spent?

big turbo, FMIC, exhaust, downpipe, camshaft, EGR removed, green filter, pd160, LPG injection, etc. 250 is still an "estimated" - but it's quick. :D

Too much. :o

how much was your turbo? where did u get it?

If u uprate the turbo, do u need to uprate anything else?

Whats a FMIC? and a EGR? more to the point way would u want to remove it?!

Why didnt u beat jason in that race if u have all that power, whats he running?

Why do i ask so many questions?!!!!!!!

Some tuners are finding that the KKK turbo found on the vRS, is over boosting with custom remaps. It happens more often at the top end & the ECU throws the engine into limp mode.

Don't why this is happening, but it happened on mine & I've heard of others too.

The remap can be altered to slightly decrease boost at higher revs.

Don't think it happens with the Garret turbos.

I think the main issue is the KKK's ability to take boost without cracking up. Everything I've read/heard suggests keeping it under 1.65bar.

There was a boost plot shown on here recently that showed 1.5bar requested, overboost to 1.9bar actual, before it settled down. That's not good for turbo life.

Without a plot of some description or a logging boost gauge, how do we really know what's happening?

It's my belief that aggressive generic remaps in conjunction with a decat present the biggest risks.

J.

1.how much was your turbo?

2.where did u get it?

3.If u uprate the turbo, do u need to uprate anything else?

4.Whats a FMIC? and a EGR?

5.more to the point way would u want to remove it?!

6.Why didnt u beat jason in that race if u have all that power, whats he running?

7.Why do i ask so many questions?!!!!!!!

OK. I'll try to do each in order

1) Around

• 2 weeks later...