Some little Extras

Hi guys,

Though you might be interested in this, a couple of new little toys that are coming on new Fabia's

1. The three flash indicators have been found on a Fabia from the factory, no fiddling with the 5051

2. When the screen is washed and 5 sec after the first wipes, it'll wipe again to clear any remaining water drops.

Usless information but I keep seeing threds in regards to 1st one.

Matt

These items seem to be cropping up across the VAG range along with the rear wiper sweep when you engage reverse. (Found all these on a recent low spec Polo loan car.)

I thought this was actually a legal requirement when rear wash/wipe is fitted?

Anyway for those interested, other differences I've noticed with the 04 vRS from the old Y reg Tdi Fabia Elegance:

The ice warning gives a 'ping' when it gets to 4 degrees or below and the whole temperature display flashes for 10 seconds or so.

The interior light & red front door warning lights come on when you remove the key from the ignition.

There's no seat belt reminder system - used to have a light on the dash at iginition time and a four second ping ping alarm if you'd not clunk clicked when starting the engine.

Controls for electric windows have changed so that you have 'left' 'right' or 'heater' (much better than the old Right, Left & Right together control for moving the left one when parking)

The headlamp on symbol has moved to between the fuel/temp gauges.

The underseat cubby box is on the driver's side rather than the passenger's (although I have a autochanger, perhaps you get two if not fitted?).

The radio antenna now hits the vRS's bigger rear spoiler when the boot is opened.

Anyway for those interested' date=' other differences I've noticed with the 04 vRS from the old Y reg Tdi Fabia Elegance:

The ice warning gives a 'ping' when it gets to 4 degrees or below and the whole temperature display flashes for 10 seconds or so.

The interior light & red front door warning lights come on when you remove the key from the ignition.

There's no seat belt reminder system - used to have a light on the dash at iginition time and a four second ping ping alarm if you'd not clunk clicked when starting the engine.

Controls for electric windows have changed so that you have 'left' 'right' or 'heater' (much better than the old Right, Left & Right together control for moving the left one when parking)

The underseat cubby box is on the driver's side rather than the passenger's (although I have a autochanger, perhaps you get two if not fitted?).

The radio antenna now hits the vRS's bigger rear spoiler when the boot is opened.[/quote']

I got all these on my '03 Fabia vRS. Apart from the drivers side cubby hole. Perhaps a CD changer only thing? :confused:

The rear wiper sweep in reverse is on my vRS and was also on my old '01 16v Fabia too. Very neat idea. :thumbup:

Wouldn't mind finding out if the 3 flash indicator thing can be added by VAG-COM or something like that though. :cool:

Controls for electric windows have changed so that you have 'left' 'right' or 'heater' (much better than the old Right' date=' Left & Right together control for moving the left one when parking)

The underseat cubby box is on the driver's side rather than the passenger's (although I have a autochanger, perhaps you get two if not fitted?).[/quote']

I did not have the seatbelt reminder on my elegance????

I think you will find that although the switch has changed the controls are still the same (when you select L, both will move).

I thought it was under the passenger seat for safety, so that may be a one off.

Anyway for those interested' date=' other differences I've noticed with the 04 vRS from the old Y reg Tdi Fabia Elegance:

The

The radio antenna now hits the vRS's bigger rear spoiler when the boot is opened.[/quote']

That Ice warning thing would drive me insane and I'd have that changed instantly! It's bad enough as it is esp. up here! I actually had a malfuntioning temp sensor apparently they aren't the most accurate! Mine read 30C in Glasgow in April last year!

The seatbelt reminder shows a warning light only in my Fabia and doesn't ping. My dad's old Volvo form a number of years ago used to repeately give a fast click of the indicator relay until you put in the seatbelt. If you didn't it would just keep going click-click-click click!

My interior lights also come on when you remove the key form the ignition but what is the point of having the door light coming on? Surely thats only important if a door is actually open?

There has been some removal of features, the 03/04 Fabia's seemed to have lost their lights in the doors, also the tool kit in the boot is not as comprehensive as it was, no rear electric windows and, for a short time, only 1 remote key!!! Tight b*****ds!!!

Matt

I have the lights in the doors on the vRS and I also got 2 remote keys,:

They have now realised the error of their ways and started to supply their cars with a second remote key again, still a few with just one remote key floating about though.

Matt

I noticed on my new Fabia VRS that there is a Anti-Hijack feature that locks the doors once you have been driving for about 20 secs. Is this new?
It's on my 1.4 fabia now... all you need is a friendly person with a VAG-COM... :)

The seatbelt reminder shows a warning light only in my Fabia and doesn't ping.

Try not putting the belt on and starting the engine, then it pings, or at least this is what my old Fabia did. Funny all these slight differences aren't they.

I thought there wasnt a Cubby under the drivers seat because of the height ajustment...

Well I have one under the driver's seat on the vRS - CD autochanger on the passenger side. Also height adjustment is an option for the passenger seat.

Cubby hold is much easier to get to under the driver's seat. Autochanger is not so easy, definite get out the car and do it job, which is a little disappointing as I was hoping it would be miles easier than a boot fit.

I think you will find that although the switch has changed the controls are still the same (when you select L' date=' both will move).

[/quote']

Nope, mirrors move seperately.

• 3 months later...

All these mod cons :)

A nice man on this site ( you know who you are ) , kindly activated the anti-hijack( all doors lock @ 11mph, drivers door unlocks @ stop and when the key is removed, also the passenger doors can be unlocked via the door switch OR the passenger pulls the handle and releases, this unlocks the other doors and they can then be opened ).

Also had the alarm BEEP activated, on my 53 Skoda.

I have a small storage area under the passenger seat .( just big enuff to take an ice scraper).

My 53 cannot have the 3 blink indicator, its not on the ECU.

The mirrors both move on the R setting, but L moves on its own when selected.

Like the idea of the rear sweep when reverse selected. :)

I used to have the seatbelt PING on the Octy, it only went on for about 15 sec Or the belt was put on before the time was up.

The Temp Ping @ 4 C is new to this car.

Has anyone tried this :- Dont use the remote to open the doors, open with the key, but hold the key in the open position for abot 3 Sec, the windows open ( as per the book ). But When I opened the door to get into the car the alarm went off. :eek:

Any one found anything else ??

Has anyone tried this :- Dont use the remote to open the doors' date=' open with the key, but hold the key in the open position for abot 3 Sec, the windows open ( as per the book ). But When I opened the door to get into the car the alarm went off. :eek:

Any one found anything else ??[/quote']

I have had the alarm going off after the window trick!

A strange wee trick I found last night. I have a corner that requires you to go sharp left before turning straight round a roundabout onto the right. I always give a right indicator even before turning the left corner because so many people miss you on this roundabout! Anyway what I have found is that if you give say a right indicator and put a substantial of left lock on the indicator will cancel itself! It obviously just thinks your a moron who but on the wrong indicator! :rolleyes: