How's This For A Compliment Fabia vRS!

bumface

Hi folks not been on this site for a while but how's this for a compliment?

Just under a year ago I had a Fabia vRS. I went out with one of my mates the other night for a drink. I was driving.

Now my mate has got a Mercedes SLR-I have been in it, very comfy and bleedin fast.

Picked up my mate and went on an A class road got to sixty and set the cruise.

My mate could not stop giving my car the thumbs up:thumbup:

He kept tapping the dashboard for squeeks-none.

Gave a thumbs up for the stereo and sound.

He did mention how powerful the engine felt!

Like I say I have had it just under a year now and I could not be more chuffed wi it.

No problems (touch wood)

Just thought I would let you know

Same with me mate.

When I bought mine I got loads of stick (off people who dont know anything about cars) but once they got in it.......well....

One of the lads was buying a brand new Audi A3 but cancelled his order and got a 2nd hand Fabia VRS after driving mine!

Love it!

Same with me mate.

When I bought mine I got loads of stick (off people who dont know anything about cars) but once they got in it.......well....

One of the lads was buying a brand new Audi A3 but cancelled his order and got a 2nd hand Fabia VRS after driving mine!

Love it!

i used to be one of them people mate of mine got a fabia vrs back in 04 and i slated him for it now am on my second fabia vrs and love it :D

I have said many times before, the Fabia and especially the vRS is a RELATIVELY rare sight on the road. I say RELATIVELY in bold because the last time I said this on here I had many people disagreeing with me:confused: . The Fab Rs IS rare compared to your (yawn) Ford Focus, Renault Clio, Vauxhall Astra etc etc (yawn). People can disagree but I know this to be fact, just stand next to a busy road for an hour and note what comes past.

I didn't even test drive mine when I ordered it, I hadn't even seen one in the flesh BUT I knew that it was a tad special, a tad different AND given Skoda's new found reputation just KNEW that I was making an intelligent choice.

So yes, we can be very pleased about our cars AND be safe in the knowledge that we have dared NOT to follow the 'safe choice' of your Focus, Astra crowd.

Had my car three years now, still love it and still smug when I drive it.:thumbup:

compare like for like though - a Fabia vRS isn't an especially rare sight compared to an Astra VXR, Focus RS, Clio 192 etc :confused: seeing as the Focus was (i think?) the UK's best selling car every year since it was released, it's hardly an achievement to be a rarer sight on the roads - that's kinda like calling someone a pauper cos they're got less money than Bill Gates

compare like for like though - a Fabia vRS isn't an especially rare sight compared to an Astra VXR, Focus RS, Clio 192 etc :confused: seeing as the Focus was (i think?) the UK's best selling car every year since it was released, it's hardly an achievement to be a rarer sight on the roads - that's kinda like calling someone a pauper cos they're got less money than Bill Gates

I wasn't comparing like for like, I was simply stating that every other car is a Focus/Astra/Clio so its good to drive something slightly different.

And I beg to differ on your last point, most of the worlds population ARE paupers compared to Billy Bob Gates

Guy in my work is about to sell his Cooper S for a Fabia vRS

Did he say why? It must have something to do with fuel economy either that or he is getting tired of fighting all those young ladies off his Mini.

Don't get me wrong I am not keen on the BMW Mini because of what they did to Rover but you can't deny that they are Chic.

compare like for like though - a Fabia vRS isn't an especially rare sight compared to an Astra VXR, Focus RS, Clio 192 etc

I'd agree with you on this - I thought the vrs would be more rare than it seems to be now Ive got mine. But imagine driving a mini , counting how many minis / fabia vrs I saw on my 40min drive to work... 2 other vrs and I stopped counting minis at 15.

The Fabia VRS seems to be a "come down" vehicle for many people who find that their petrol supermini is too expensive to run.

Hmmm maybe some will take exception to this. I certainly did not buy my Fab vRS for any other reason except looks, reputation, performance, mpg and price.

I like to think that those people who decided to go for the Fab RS did so because it's an intelligent choice, a no brainer.

Yes, I could have purchased a car worth more than the Fab BUT luckily I was born with a gene which somehow prevents me from thinking that to impress shallow people I have to drive an Audi/BMW/Merc:rolleyes:

I'd agree with you on this - I thought the vrs would be more rare than it seems to be now Ive got mine. But imagine driving a mini , counting how many minis / fabia vrs I saw on my 40min drive to work... 2 other vrs and I stopped counting minis at 15.

Oops, forgot the now amazingly boring Mini:D

We seem to have more than our fair share of VRs's where I live. They are certainly are not a rare sight. hell I have even seen 3 SE's up here.

doesnt put me off though. Only when the price drops and the ***** get hold of them will it be time to move on

so its good to drive something slightly different.

I hear this argument a lot which seems strange to me. I always buy a car based on how it drives - commonness is not an issue (and in fact helps keep down servicing and parts costs :thumbup:)

Chris

I hear this argument a lot which seems strange to me. I always buy a car based on how it drives - commonness is not an issue (and in fact helps keep down servicing and parts costs :thumbup:)

Chris

The two aren't always linked.

The Vauxhall Corsa has always been a top seller in the UK.... and it drives like a turd :rofl: Well, the 1.8 isn't too bad until it sees a corner...

Well I collected my vrs today having had a bit of paintwork sorted out before collection and its absolutely superb, I test drove an ibiza fr before the vrs and the vrs just totally blew it away, felt much better built (I know they are both VAG anyway...), seemed much bigger, more refined, much better brakes (could have been individual FR though), but altogether better. I personally chose the vrs as it is at a good price, you get very good quality, very ample power (been enjoying it this evening), excellent economy and the insurance was even a fiver a month less than the FR!

A big bonus from my point of view is I have only owned one car, the 1.2 ibiza sx, I see reviews saying the vrs rolls in corners a lot etc but to me it feels like a F1 car in comparison to my old car, corners much better, belts along in a straight line, I don't think I could have bought a better car!

Yes, I could have purchased a car worth more than the Fab BUT luckily I was born with a gene which somehow prevents me from thinking that to impress shallow people I have to drive an Audi/BMW/Merc:rolleyes:

Sorry, have a close look at the parts on your vehicle... you (and I) bought budget Audis!!

:)

Sorry, have a close look at the parts on your vehicle... you (and I) bought budget Audis!!

:)

Too true, but the Skoda badge isn't one (yet) that people buy to 'keep up with the Joneses'.

So many people I know skint themselves JUST to buy penis extensions, one of my mates even lost his house to keep a 4 year old Merc.....WHY:confused: it's a f'cking lump of metal and to my knowledge he's never attracted more women with it, after all, he's still pig ugly:rofl: He's living back at his Mum's now, and clings onto his car with dear life. Me, I dont get it.

We seem to have more than our fair share of VRs's where I live. They are certainly are not a rare sight. hell I have even seen 3 SE's up here.

doesnt put me off though. Only when the price drops and the ***** get hold of them will it be time to move on

I agree, which is why I said RELATIVELY rare.