Boot and fuel cap opening..

OK - after my previous "should have RTFM" question - here's another two probably stupid questions!

Are there any hidden buttons or leavers that open the boot & fuel cap anywhere around the drivers seat? I've had a skim through the manual but didn't see anything.

Fuel cap: When the car is unlocked you just push the rearwards end of the cap (towards the rear bumper) and it pops open. ;)

As for opening the boot - nada that I know of you have to use the button on the fob, or the release on the boot.

• Like 1

Fuel cap: When the car is unlocked you just push the rearwards end of the cap (towards the rear bumper) and it pops open. ;)

Errr - yes I know that - unless I've somehow managed to do 15k on one tank of fuel!

I wondered if there was a release anywhere near the drivers seat!

As for opening the boot - nada that I know of you have to use the button on the fob, or the release on the boot.

Which is what I've been doing - shame - they could have put mechanisms in for both!

Ah see I was in one of those moods where I was just answering obvious questions :) Sort of the kind of thing I do sitting in the sun watching the view and drinking a beer... okay.. so I didn't read the question to being with :D

True Skoda could have rigged both, but I'd guess it was all under the cost cutting that they employ to cut down the price. Same as the missing gas rams on the bonnet lift.

2 less things to go wrong IMO.

The Mk I Octavia has a remote fuel flap release via a button on the dash.

If you want gas rams you can have them, Milotec sell a kit for the Octavia II

Yeah but overpriced considering how often I open the bonnet. It gets opened once a month to check levels and refill whatever needs doing that's about it. I don't have much of a problem lifting and hooking it myself :)

Errr - yes I know that - unless I've somehow managed to do 15k on one tank of fuel!

Which is what I've been doing - shame - they could have put mechanisms in for both!

releases like that are old skool. and a pain to hoover around!

QUOTE]

what's the point of having a remote release mechanism when it is automatically unlock when the car is unlocked???????????