My day at Chipped UK

mluton

I set of from Rubery at 8:15am this morning, one minute later we found ourselves in the presence of a "T5 Driving Law Enforcment Officer", issuing a £30 fine for illegal number plate spacing.......a great start to the day!

15 minutes later we arrived at Chipped UK, amidst the many VW's and Audi's.......oh, and a beautiful ferrari!

My Octavia vRS = 168BHP before & 208BHP After

Clio 182 = 187BHP

Elise = 121BHP

After a great day, i would like to say thankyou to Mark for arranging the day, and the Chipped Uk Team!

STA42221Large.jpg

STA42220Large.jpg

STA42216Large.jpg

STA42209Large.jpg

STA42203Large.jpg

STA42204Large.jpg

STA42200Large.jpg

STA42166Large.jpg

STA42196Large.jpg

STA42165Large.jpg

I did have the wrong spring in the forge 007 DV which i have been told to get an uprated one. It was loosing lots of boost. Will order it tommorrow.

They mentioned something about resesting, which was why my standard power could be down. They reset it after the map was put on.

Will get it on the rollers again when i have the new spring in.

My Graph, Not sure what it all means though.

New spring ordered as i needed a Yellow spring and was running green one.

I was told i was loosing boost, If anyone can explain this to me please do.

vRSPowerGraphBlankedLarge.jpg

Hi mluton glad to see you are all mapped up now:D stick with the green spring m8 coz its the correct one, i to thought this to but lots of people have this prob after a map, remapping can cause many problems that arise from running a higher boost compared to standard when your engine managed with the lower boost setting. check your pipes on your forge i take it its a 007p i do know from experience mapped cars can cause pipe leaks if you run a vagcom you will prob get 17705 i and plenty of others have had the same prob,in the end it was the small pipe on top of the dv needed to be tighter and that was all it was, change the spring by all means but there is no need as the green spring is plenty good enough for a remapped vrs.:thumbup: give your car a couple of days for your ecu to do its stuff then you will find your car will be even quicker.

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Hi mluton glad to see you are all mapped up now:D stick with the green spring m8 coz its the correct one, i to thought this to but lots of people have this prob after a map, remapping can cause many problems that arise from running a higher boost compared to standard when your engine managed with the lower boost setting. check your pipes on your forge i take it its a 007p i do know from experience mapped cars can cause pipe leaks if you run a vagcom you will prob get 17705 i and plenty of others have had the same prob,in the end it was the small pipe on top of the dv needed to be tighter and that was all it was, change the spring by all means but there is no need as the green spring is plenty good enough for a remapped vrs.:thumbup: give your car a couple of days for your ecu to do its stuff then you will find your car will be even quicker.

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Cheers mate, will give it a few miles then give it a scan.:thumbup:

Power seems a touch low to start with, maybe an underlying problem there unless its WHP.

They dont seem to have much in the way of engine/IC cooling on their RR, I take it there was at least a fan in front.

We have a 48,000 BTU air conditioner keeping room temps down too 16 degrees, we also an 8.4kw fan at the front and 2 x nedermans 3.6kw extraction fans, the dyno has a 4kw extractor pulling heat from the engine under the car, through the flooring system and out of the back of the unit.

This is the first time anyone has ever mentioned us having anything other than the best system they have seen, we spent over £40,000 on cooling alone :eek:

We kept the doors open so the people would have the best viewing areas, normally we let customers view through the side viewing windows but we dont usually have 25+ people at one time so kept the doors open.

The room never dropped below 18.2 degrees which i have to say will of cost us a lot in power bills as when we close the door the room chills very fast.

The only difference was the cooler worked solid throughout the day.

Power seems a touch low to start with, maybe an underlying problem there unless its WHP.

They dont seem to have much in the way of engine/IC cooling on their RR, I take it there was at least a fan in front.

Look at the Elise pic Ross

• 2 weeks later...