Rear fog lights x 2

Some people had problems with this some time ago as they were only doing the second part and just enabling both fog lights.

I didn't notice the attachment confusion :rolleyes:

I'll edit the attachments later when I hook the laptop up the car.

Wasn't meant as a dig :thumbup:, but having done it myself before I had a look at the attachments and it took me a minute or 2. The attachments are a great idea, if possible would you have both screen shots before & after the setting change? Might be good to pop up in here, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/diagnostics-vag-com/vag-com-codes/55620/

Stu might also apprciate it for his Tech. section.

Every few months it seems to pop up ;):thumbup:

Wasn't meant as a dig :thumbup:, but having done it myself before I had a look at the attachments and it took me a minute or 2. The attachments are a great idea, if possible would you have both screen shots before & after the setting change? Might be good to pop up in here, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/diagnostics-vag-com/vag-com-codes/55620/

Stu might also apprciate it for his Tech. section.

Every few months it seems to pop up ;):thumbup:

No problem :)

I've sorted the attachments so they are a little more logical now :thumbup:

If anyone wishes to use this information elsewhere - feel free to do so.

No problem :)

I've sorted the attachments so they are a little more logical now :thumbup:

If anyone wishes to use this information elsewhere - feel free to do so.

Cool, good stuff :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:....no offence to anyone but it now makes it idiot proof :rolleyes::thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I took my MY2008 Octy back to the dealer to get both rear fogs lights activated. But they were unable to do it and gave me a printout showing under Byte 3 Bit 1 and Byte 4 Bit 4 -

2 rear fog lights not possible for 1KO937049A,...T,N or 3CO937049A,D,E,F,G (ECU's).

Has anyone else come across this problem and is there a way around it?

Mac

I have the same problem. my car is the one Stu wa referring to that resides in germany. The only work around i have is that i had a wire and switch installed in the boot so that when in europe i can have it illuminate on the left and when in the UK i can swap the lead over to make it illuminate on the right.

I had a MY2007 Octavia - dealer's couldn't actuate both rear fogs. On my present MY2008 they had no problem actuating both fogs.

I found that both rear fogs could be made to work on the MY2007 by connecting them together in the traditional way with scotchlock connectors and cable. However, the bulb failure warning light came on whenever the rear fogs were switched on and it could only be turned off by switching the ignition off. The bulb failure light only came on if the rear fogs were on so I suppose it could be regarded as an additional rear fog warning light!

• 1 year later...

Great article dstev2000:thumbup:

I was searching for weeks for an article like this when I just stumbled across it.:o

Could I suggest that you add fog lights to the post's tag, so that when someone else is looking for this info they can find it with the search facility.

Many thanks again for a good article:thumbup: