What panel filter?

V666 VRS

Well don't know if it's the best but i have a pipercross one that seems to work well, plus it's foam one so no oil to mess up the maf.

I'll second that. I have just got one and its a good value buy. I got mine from Awseme Gti, they are here in there own section. £32 delivered. :D

I've got a pipercross, seems ok...

How often do people check their filters? Mines been in for a couple of k now, not sure if I should take it out and smack it against something to get the crap out!

Mine's been in couple of months now too, will probaly check it soon, normally get the hoover on to suck any trapped dirt but if it's really dirty then i wash it out.

• 3 weeks later...
Well don't know if it's the best but i have a pipercross one that seems to work well, plus it's foam one so no oil to mess up the maf.

pipercross filters are oiled mate foam in general foam flows more but i bought the k&n fot the life time gurantee

pipercross filters are oiled mate foam in general foam flows more but i bought the k&n fot the life time gurantee

My understanding is that Pipercross make oiled and non-oiled foam filters. I think the non-oiled are for VAG, but I'm not sure how well they perform compared to oiled one....

Chris

is it really worth changeing?i was gona get a pipercross replacement,do u have to ask for non oiled?

Imho you won't see big gains from running a performance filter compared to replacing the OEM filter every 10k miles.... And yes, if you want a non-oiled one, worth asking for it :D

Chris

As has been said a paper one is good and vag do put quite a bit of money in to developing

But then , black and white TV`s was good when they first come out , then they brought out colour

The panel filters do in fact give better air flow

We have a tool here to show it

As for K&N and pipercross , well.....

Pipercross is indead foam and they do admit that they do not give as good air flow as K&N when first fitted

But the air flow on Pipercross does overtake the K&N after 500 miles or so

I put a Pipercross air filter in and I saw 4mpg more on an average in my car

Was a tad more noise on the engine , but only a tad

As for gains , mmmm not alot but hey

I have taken my Pipercross filter off my car for a standard one

Fuel economy has dropped and am looking forward to getting another one on just to check that it has improved the economy again

The Pipercoss air filter is indeed not oiled (even though it is not an opinion of mine that K&N do damage the MAF and has been proved on another forum)

But this does mean that there are no reoiling kit to buy to clean it

Clean it every 10k with a good shake and then a proper clean every 40k

With the price of the OEM filter being as it is £12 approx IIRC and the Pipercross one being £28.00 + VAT then to me it seems like good value for money ;)

Sarah