V-power? Why not!

Does anyone pour redex down the spark plug holes? Reading on the internet it looks like this used to be recommended by redex on the bottles. I am thinking of double dosing on redex in the fuel tank and blasting the engine at higher revs for a bit anyway.

Easier method is to take your air filter off and spray the Redex into the air intake with the engine running at fast tickover and then blip the throttle.

Alternatively, just use a double/triple dose into the fuel tank when you fill up.

When I have driven company vans I filled up on BP Ultimate Diesel (well someone else paid so why not :rolleyes:

I found the van accelerated cleanly, and sounded quieter on the motorway at my desired cuising speed.

MPG got 44-50 in a Vauxhall Combo DTI but dunno about the Sprinter.

I have tried V Power and Ultimate unleaded in my Felicia - No diff to normal fuels so isn't really worth the premium in my car. Although I have heard that the newer FSI engines need a higher RON rating otherwise they don't run right.

I get about 40mpg (360+ on a full tank) on normal fuel with some enthusiastic driving on fast country roads. I prob won't need to redex until sometime next year.

I'm sticking to standard fuels and fuel injector cleaner every so often.

now just think on with that reddex.

Your only supposed to put a little in.

In older vechiles it can cause the head gasket to disintergrate fast! :eek:

apart from that yeah its good.:thumbup:

And as for higher octane fuels,

in my bike it DOES accellerate quicker, gives better throttle response and i get more miles per gallon!

BUT in my felly it improves a little bit, and gives slighty more miles per gallon

I guess it depends on the vechile.

I never use too much redex - just the amount your supposed to put in - don't want to stuff the head gasket.

I usually start off running the engine reasonably gently - nothing too hard when its still cold, and then as it warms up give it more of a pasting! You can usually feel when its ready to go after its warmed up a bit.

BP Ultimate Diesel might be better than the Petrol equivalent, as it might clear more of the muck out of it. Though I m not big diesel fan so I probably won't find out! Will sick with the redex and a heavy foot for the time being.

Does anyone pour redex down the spark plug holes? Reading on the internet it looks like this used to be recommended by redex on the bottles. I am thinking of double dosing on redex in the fuel tank and blasting the engine at higher revs for a bit anyway.

Not normally. It's a known method for curing siezed rings without a stripdown though.