Osram Night Breaker Xenon's

juicey

Hi my first new thread, was going to post this under Philips Xtreme thread from the 28th but given it's a different product thought I should use a new thread, but if the forum people think this should be moved feel free.

I have some philips extreme fitted in one of our cars, and saw the new Osram nightbreaker +90% bulbs.

I nearly bought a cheaper less known brand on ebay but managed to find the nightbreakers on the web for a snippet over £20 quid so I can now see at night :)

I searched about 15 online stores until I got fed up and in the end found http://www.autobulbsonline.co.uk searching for osram and nightbreaker on google, this was the cheapest as long as you manage to get them before the offer runs out (not sure when that is though)

I'm very impressed anyone else tried these upgrades?

..............................................................................................................

juicey by name and juicey by nature :D

Am going to Wales this weekend, so first time to test these where there is no street lighting (background lighting) at all (as I believe that makes some difference), it'll just be me and my bulbs! p.s. plus a couple a marsbars and cans of pop in case of emergency :). Last time I went through Wales to Anglesey I managed to nearly hit a sheep so I'm hoping either my driving has improved or the sheep have been told I'm coming this time :) have a nice day

:thumbup:

Is it normal for the forum to log me out if I sit reading messages from other people for a while?

+90%! How do these compare to the Xtremes? I've recently switch from Osram Silverstars to Xtremes and think the difference is marked, but I'm wondering just how much more light they can get out of these 55W bulbs! :rofl:

Although saying that, I have separate dipped and main beam bulbs so I'm not sure if the Nightbreakers can compete with my 100W mains :D

Chris

:D Thanks for you reply

I would say the Night Breakers are a bit better than the philips 80% one's, I did think about upping the wattage of my bulbs again but had a nasty a few years back with melting a bulb holder within a headlight unit.

Have you had any problems from the 100w bulbs?

I will put both cars side to side and see what the difference is like, however I think the different headlight units will always make a bit of a difference. I tried to take a picture but my camera is not up to it, the pic just comes out bright and blurred

I have 100Watters in the main beam of the Leon, but they don't seem to be any brighter than the standard 55Watters.

Some have said that the ECU or circuitery limits the amount of current drawn, but I'm unsure of that.

thanks for the comments, I'm guessing that just as there may be a voltage regulator there may be a current regulator. I did think the actual guage of the wires limited the current drawn as the lighting circuits is much lighter in modern cars.

I've fitted a pair of H1 Osram Nightbreakers to the main beams of my Octy and they make quite a difference especially as I have zenons on the dipped. Got them from autobulbsonline.co.uk who were very helpful and provided next-day delivery.

• 5 years later...

Standard H7 bulbs (left) Night Breaker Plus 90% H7 (right)

Night Breakers are visibly whiter but the main improvement is that they shine a bit further up the road.

We'll see what reliability is like, I've heard bad things on that front but these ones are supposed to be improved

post-76584-0-71509700-1359581801_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Osram offer (or at least used to) a minimum 12 month life guarantee on their bulbs.

I had 3 blow in time spans ranging from 6 months to 9 months and just got in touch with themwith proof of purchase, got a reference number, sent the bulb back, they "tested them", found a fault, and sent a replacement.

Osram offer (or at least used to) a minimum 12 month life guarantee on their bulbs.

I had 3 blow in time spans ranging from 6 months to 9 months and just got in touch with themwith proof of purchase, got a reference number, sent the bulb back, they "tested them", found a fault, and sent a replacement.

Wish I had known that, 3 sets I've been through this year!

G