Fuel Prices

daz51

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's something I didn't know.

Wondered why there were so few soot-clouds on the roads given the big difference in price

Also because NZ's cars tend to be older imports, most diesels are the old-generation ones.

This has convinced Kiwis that diesels are rubbish and they need a lot of persuading to try a modern diesel.

It's turning around though.

Same with the Skoda brand :D

I always used to use BP ultimate....

now I'm on the standard stuff to try and save money, If the goverment wants to be "eco-friendly" by putting up the tax again to make us drive less, they should think about it this way..

I HAVE to do 800-1,000 miles a week for work, I used to use ultimate (no smoke from the exhaust) I now use standard, and my car is smoking like my furby used to! so they have directly caused me to emmit more pollution.... :thumbdwn:

How about they apply VAT only to the non tax portion of the fuel rather than charging VAT on the price with fuel tax applied.

VAT is a tax on luxury items and if tax is a luxury item, can I do with out it please.

As for where to save the money... well it looks like this getting 18 yr olds doing apprenticeships should keep some of the lazy feckers off dole and at the same time have companies paying something towards them while they actually work.

Drove down to the south west coast of France this summer and was paying around 1 euro a litre for diesel. Have friends down there and its still at 1 euro a litre thats around 70p? Where as I am paying 97.9p/litre for diesel:mad:. Uk tax sucks.

If you want to stay current with petrol and diesel prices locally then register with Free UK fuel prices. 9,762 petrol stations covered - PetrolPrices.com.

Register, give them your postcode and they send you regular emails telling you the nearest cheapest fuel available to you.

I get a weekly email on Mondays and generally find my local Morrisons is the cheapest, but not always.

Shell are sometimes cheaper by a penny or less!

Martin.

If it's any consolation prices seem fairly consistent across the country..........

F***ing expensive.:mad:

This week I are mostly been driving like Sister Wendy:thumbdwn:

And BP excel at Taking the p1ss

Tesco in Dundee is still quite cheap (relatively)

98.9p for unleaded

100.9 for super

101.9 for derv

I've seen diesel at 107.9 in some places and unleaded not far behind.

The oil companies make very little per litre, the government make a horrific amount. They even calculate the tax as a % of net, rather than a %age of gross to make it seem less.

Anybody fancy a coup?