Whats the widest tyre furbys will take?

john_grant358

It wont be long until i will be needing some new shoes for the old girl. At the moment iv got the standard size 205x45x16. I would really like to get some toyo T1-R's all round and have bin having a look on there website and noticed they do 225x45x16 and also 245x45x16 tyre! would these fit on the furby VRS? Iv also got the eibech pro spring on there, will that limit me to tyre options?

Can't help on the original question, although I've heard 215's are the maximum, but if you're increasing the width of the tyre, you'll want to reduce the height of the sidewall so that the rolling radius of the tyre remains close to standard (to minimise speedo error).

Chris

I would imagine, on an 8" wide 16" rim the furby could probably pull off 225/40 R16. But on a 17" rim, the generally favoured size is 215/40 R17. I don't think they do a 225/40 R17, else I'd give a pair a shot on the front - might help with grip....

I would imagine, on an 8" wide 16" rim the furby could probably pull off 225/40 R16. But on a 17" rim, the generally favoured size is 215/40 R17. I don't think they do a 225/40 R17, else I'd give a pair a shot on the front - might help with grip....

Wouldnt you want a 225/35/17?

I imagine a 225/35 would be quite cool.

Sounds like an uber stiff sidewall though, even compared to a 40 profile tyre.

Do they do a 235/35 R17? :eek: :D

I think for "handling" sidewall characteristics come in to play, and just having more rubber on the floor means little - comes down to tread pattern and tyre quality/performance really. :)