Hi, if anyone can help me?

bex2911

Hi, I'm Rebecca and i'm currently studying at university for a degree in advertising management and brand management.

I am currently in the process of writing a project on the rejuvenation of Skoda's brand image and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it they would like to share?

topics that would be of help are:

• the methods used by the brand to rejuvenate their image and to conclude the most successful and unsuccessful methods
  • whether consumer’s views of Skoda’s identity have changed for the better since the re-launch of the brand.

Any other imput would be much appreciated aswell, Thanks alot:)

Hi Rebecca

I consider myself a Skoda convert... if you'd have told me two years ago that I'd be driving my second Skoda - I'd have laughed you out of the room :)

What attracted me to the brand was the sport models that Skoda releases... the vRS.

Not to mention the price of all the cars in the range... far cheaper than VW/Audi and just as reliable.

While I still get heckled in work for driving/owning a Skoda - most other drivers secretly like the cars and admit if it wasn't for the badge they'd buy one.

I'm sure you'll get similar sorts of comments... probably more eloquent than mine ;)

Good luck :thumbup:

To answer your questions :-

Skoda have in adverts used the -ve image and laughed at itself, whilst showing that it has rapidly moved into the 21'st century with a reliable, value for money product, they have been selective in where they advertise in order to try and gain customers who have disposable income and who are more intersted in value and longevity rather than out and out style and innovation, as this does not always give that impression of the values that Skoda are trying to portray.

Whilst it appears that the main focus has been towards families with children who are around 10, the vRS brand has captured the hearts and imagination of those drivers who want something different, but does not stand out too much to warrant attention from unecessary places.

Views on Skoda brand now have changed dramatically since the launch of the MK1 Octavia, whist there is still a lot of badge snobbery from the people who either remember the original products, or those who are just ignorant and basing judgement on and views of those who remember them.

The teens who do not know of the old skoda jokes still do not see it as a prestige brand, but do comment with ' its a VW underneath' and associate it with the VW brand image, which is no bad thing.

The people who are 'sheep' in their views of Skoda, soon change their minds once they have experienced the product, but still will put up the derogitory face when around friends with the same attitude, the will not defend the product unless the become owners and actually see the real picture around the current Skoda product.

When I signed up to this site, around 3 yrs ago there were less that 4000 registered people, Look how many there are now, I think that speaks volumes for the brand.

Since being released from the communist dictatorship the Czech Republic has picked itself up again and as we all know, VW/Audi poured money into Skoda and passed on most of their engineering.

In other words the Octavia, for example, is a Golf by another name (and a much bigger boot), but a lot cheaper for the same spec.

Hi, I'm Rebecca and i'm currently studying at university for a degree in advertising management and brand management.

I am currently in the process of writing a project on the rejuvenation of Skoda's brand image and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it they would like to share?

• the methods used by the brand to rejuvenate their image and to conclude the most successful and unsuccessful methods
  • whether consumer’s views of Skoda’s identity have changed for the better since the re-launch of the brand.

hi ya Rebecca i have a problem that you may find intresting as a drive and a smoker i was wonderin why the cigarette lighter is in the centre consel but at the rear so the front seat person's cant use it

Hi Rebecca, I have just bought a Superb Elegance 2.5TDI. My family love the "baking" a car advert and my grandson thinks it is great. I looked at quite a few cars before changing my Rover 75, including a Jaguar. However, none come close to the Skoda for value for money. The build quality is excellent and the toys are plentiful. I do find when drivers are behind and see the badge they move very close as if to say 'move over' ( perhaps they just love the look of it ) I smile as I leave them in a cloud as I accelerate away, smiling also aware that they have paid a lot more for their top range cars. Badge snobbery and history, I still think there is someway to go for Skoda to persuade people to part with £20k+ for a Skoda. Best of luck with your studies.

John

Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF! First time visitors, say hello here.

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: bex2911

Original Content: