which brake pads

vrs-si

right ive got 40 groove discsc just arrived today and i dont really want to run them on my old brake pads due to being old and naff.

im not looking to brake the bank but which pads are recommended by you guys.

can i get away with standard pads on the back discs and use good pads up front?

how much and where did you get them form mate?

Ferodo DS 2500 £120.99 including postage from Demontweeks,this includes 10% that Freedom members receive.

So join Freedom and get your order in!:thumbup:

120 quid on pads your nuts mate

I know!:P

Have a search and you will find nothing but praise for them.If your going to drive the car hard at times/track day,them pay the extra and get these.

You do pay for what get,so don't go for the cheapest pads you can get.

I had some EBC Red Stuff Pads last week, using with atm standard pads----much improved braking, but even better once i get uprated discs. Another possibility for you maybe? Around 100 + labour for all round i think it was (got mates rates so ant work out true cost )

:yeahdude:

mintex extreme front pads for 47.99 delivered is that agood price?

It's about right.

These pads are excellent (Especially for the price) if just a bit dusty. Don't Touch EBC with a barge pole. Green Stuff turn to cheese when they get too hot and Redstuff take too long to warm up and when they do they aren't that good.

The DS2500's are pretty much the ultimate in pads for this car but as you have noticed at £120 they should be gold plated.

Mintex Extreme are the way forward :thumbup:

Mintex Extreme are the way forward :thumbup:

+1

I have them all-round on mine, and whilst cooking the brakes to fix a noise (that turned out to be the warranty issue on the rear calipers), I nearly popped my own eyes out of their sockets! :lol:

throw your grooved discs away there terrrible,sound like you need new pads all the time noisy as hell and dont seem to stop no quicker than standard disc and good aftermarket pads

in fact anybody who whats my 1 month old 20 grooved f/r discs can have them when i take them off as they do my head in :thumbdwn: right in

gonna go back to standard discs and get ebc red stuffs never had a problem with ebc myself and im commonly know at work as the last of the late brakers

+1

I have them all-round on mine, and whilst cooking the brakes to fix a noise (that turned out to be the warranty issue on the rear calipers), I nearly popped my own eyes out of their sockets! :lol:

Was that on standard calipers and discs?

Thinking of these for mine.

Cheers.

Was that on standard calipers and discs?

Thinking of these for mine.

Cheers.

Standard calipers, but ZeroSixty grooved / dimpled discs. Having said this, the design of the disc makes very little difference to ultimate stopping power; it only helps with cooling (to prevent brake fade) and glazing (the grooves scrub any glaze layer off). I got them partly beacuse I occasionally go on trips that invole sustained periods on fast by twisty roads and wasn't always 100% confident in the braking power towards the end of those journeys, but mostly because they cost less overall than the equivalent OEM setup from the dealers. Unless your discs are knackered, however, I wouldn't bother changing them, and if you can get a good price on OEM-equivalent discs, then like I say, they'll probably be just as good as drilled / dimpled / grooved ones for most everyday drivers...

Hope this helps! :thumbup: