Advice Required on Optional Extras

Greetings Briskodians. Top site, bought a Fabia for the missus on the strength of this site & never looked back. Now the company car is due for a change & I'm thinking 2.0TDI Octavia Estate Laurin & Klement DSG but I need some help on optional extras.

I was going to go for front parking sensors, electric sunroof & metallic paint. Don't really need satnav as I have a tomtom.

Is there anything I've missed that you'd recommend? What is deal with bluetooth? Does that come as option or no. Thanks in advance.

I don't think the sunroof is that great myself. If you have the funding for the Columbus then I'd recomend it, it's an all in one solution. The L&K has most other things doesn't it. Sadly Bluetooth isn't currently an option.

I can see someone ticking the sat nav option box sometime soon :rofl:

L&K spec is excellent and metallic paint is standard. The only option I can see you going for is the front PDC. Don't forget tyre pressure monitoring is also an £80 option. If you are opting for the estate I would recommend the sunset privacy glass, It really boosts the appreance of the car, it's a £200 option and gives you darker tinted glass from the B pillar back.

As Stu said, this link has the tech specs for the Columbus unit: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/new-octavia/new-generation-sat-nav/92018/

The block of text below the picture of the unit has all the details.

It's 30 gig BTW but 10 gig is allocated for mapping.

I always find front parking sensors a laughable option.

If you cant tell where the front stops......

I'd tempt you to get close on a 5 series beamer, If you dont park a mm from the end of the space it sticks out by a metre instead of half.

Front PDC would be nice in some of the more dubious NCP's* in good old London town.

Tight as a**holes is an understatement. Wish i'd ticked the front PDC and TPM boxes now, mainly so I can have more buttons in the car :rofl:

* Other brands of dubious underground car park are available.

I always find front parking sensors a laughable option.

If you cant tell where the front stops......

I actually find the front parking sensors more useful than the rear ones on my estate.

On an estate car you know that the back of the car is just a little bit further away than the rear window, but as the bonnet slopes away from the driver it is hard to tell exactly where the front of the car is when you are, for example, negotiating your way out of a tight parking space.

I actually find the front parking sensors more useful than the rear ones on my estate.

On an estate car you know that the back of the car is just a little bit further away than the rear window, but as the bonnet slopes away from the driver it is hard to tell exactly where the front of the car is when you are, for example, negotiating your way out of a tight parking space.

I totally agree; seconded.

I have rear sensors on my hatch but not on the front (as opposed the the Estate, rear view from the hatch is awful so parking wotsits are essential). Even though I'm tall I can only see about 2/3rds the way down the bonnet, the rest is guess work. My wife can't see more than half way down the bonnet and is really nervous about parking the car.

Sunroof - don't bother.

You have not mentioned Xenon headlights, but I have just checked and these are standard on the L&K.

Are you a sporty driver? Have you considered 18" wheels and/or 'Sports' suspension OR sharpen up the handling without losing ride comfort with Koni FSDs shock absorbers (once you have bought the car).

PS> nothing else to discuss as the L&K seems to be totally spec'd otherwise.

I love the sunroof.

It lets daylight and fresh air into the cabin. Too noisy for motorway driving, but in the tilt position, and on a country lane, perfect!

Also handy for waving and taking videos of the road snaking ahead..... :thumbup:

Also handy for waving and taking videos of the road snaking ahead..... :thumbup:

I'll pass your comments onto the Health and Safety Executive.

They'll insist that you put a wire grid or something across the opening on all sunroofs so you can't. ;)

Not really a sporty driver so I think I'll be happy as it comes.

Still undecided about sunroof.

Light leather or Alcantara onyx interior? I'm minded towards onyx, as I suspect I'd be forever cleaning the light leather.

Light leather or Alcantara onyx interior? I'm minded towards onyx, as I suspect I'd be forever cleaning the light leather.

Depends on your Exterior Colour; I always think a contrast will look good i.e. Dark metallic blue with Ivory or Silver with Onyx.

PS> stick to Leather, not Alacantra, it will wear better and you slip into it easily when getting in/out of the car.

For the front the easiest way to tell where it is is to turn the headlights on. That way you can judge how close you are to something by how small the beam pattern is etc.

I found the standard L&K (well, the non-sports suspension Octavia to be honest) a little twitchy at higher speeds when we were originally looking to buy. Much prefer the general feel and solidity of the sports suspension pack and the look of the Pegasus wheels. Try both, you may be surprised.

We have the Onyx and Alcantara in our Scout and it is loverly.

Regards

Mark

For some reaon I think Black magic and light leather would make a really nice combination ;)

The sports suspension is nice but (IMO) is a little uncomfortable on a longer journey. The standard suspension is a bit jiggly especially on the concrete motorways.

I went for light leather and had it scotchguarded before I took delivery of car. It looks very nice.

When I told the boss today I was going for a skoda he tried his best to convince me to go for the spare 3-series beamer & couldn't seem to understand my resistance. I tried to explain about all the good reviews & cstomer satisfaction surveys.........just didn't register.