Advice Required on Optional Extras

When I told the boss today I was going for a skoda he tried his best to convince me to go for the spare 3-series beamer & couldn't seem to understand my resistance. I tried to explain about all the good reviews & cstomer satisfaction surveys.........just didn't register.

Badge boy!! :)

I got a similar quip about the Skoda from some friends recently..."if it's so much like an Audi why not buy an Audi?" Err, that would be because I would have to find an extra £15k for the same spec. but just a different badge.

An ex-Allroad owner was in our Scout today and commented on just how much like the Audi it was.

Now let me see....

Mark

For some reaon I think Black magic and light leather would make a really nice combination ;)

The sports suspension is nice but (IMO) is a little uncomfortable on a longer journey. The standard suspension is a bit jiggly especially on the concrete motorways.

This can all be smoothed out and you get a more comfortable ride, without loosing any of the handling poise, by fitting Koni FSDs.

I totally agree; seconded.

Are you a sporty driver? Have you considered 18" wheels and/or 'Sports' suspension OR sharpen up the handling without losing ride comfort with Koni FSDs shock absorbers (once you have bought the car).

Koni FSD's are not available (so I'm told in another post) for estates as I wanted them for my L&K estate. Even if they were available you might have insurance issues on a company car. The standard 17" wheels give a much harder ride compared to 16" on my previous estate. Therefore I would be very wary of fitting 18". It would be a good idea to do a comparison before deciding.

BTW, the DSG version is brilliant.

Forget about th sunroof! Spend your money on genuin leather interior instead. If you are on 17" wheels, try Fulda or Toyo`s instead of Goodyears, the last one`s are noisy and wear out too fast!

The onyx leather/alacantra is fantastic. It really grips you and there is no tendency to slide about in the seat. They are also warmer on cold days, when you first get into them, though the heated pan and lumbar areas soon kick in.

Managed to finally get the memory seats to work off of the remote keys today. Will be making me grin for months!

Phil

Managed to finally get the memory seats to work off of the remote keys today. Will be making me grin for months!

I read about that in the manual.............................can't wait. Only another 11 weeks 3 days to go!

I bought a new Octy L&K 2.0L TDI last month and very pleased with it and already getting over 50 mpg (1400 miles). The only extra I specified was the front sensors and they are very useful. Had sport suspension on my last Octy and it was a bit harsh, but this new motor is much better.

Badge boy!! :)

I got a similar quip about the Skoda from some friends recently..."if it's so much like an Audi why not buy an Audi?" Err, that would be because I would have to find an extra £15k for the same spec. but just a different badge.

An ex-Allroad owner was in our Scout today and commented on just how much like the Audi it was.

Now let me see....

Mark

Actually the Audi is not the same spec. It has a boot, not a hatch - a big downer in my book. I can think of 5 times in the last 2 years when i could not have done what i needed to. The seats are not as comfortable for me. There is nowhere to rest your right foot when you are using cruise control. The door pockets don't fit a bottle of water upright. It's missing all sorts of little storage features in the cabin, like hte cup spaces between the front seats, and I think the sunglasses holder in teh roof and the coin tray front right of hte driver. The parking sensors i was shown were audible only, no maxidot diagram. I would love their 2.7D engine mated to a DSG and 4wd, but you've got to live in it too.

The Passat is much closer spec.

I bought a new Octy L&K 2.0L TDI last month and very pleased with it and already getting over 50 mpg (1400 miles). The only extra I specified was the front sensors and they are very useful. Had sport suspension on my last Octy and it was a bit harsh, but this new motor is much better.

I hope you are right on the mpg.

I've now done 42000 miles in mine. It gets better, so you will enjoy it.

Whilst I love the car, and so far have not found anything to touch it as a replacement (Merc, BMW, Audi, VW, Lexus all checked out), a word of warning.

My Octy's MFD showed i was getting nearly 50, but when i actually measure it, brim to brim over 2000 miles, it was only getting 44.3. Average 43.6 from new over 18500 miles. I gave up measuring as it was fairly consistent, and the difference kept upsetting me.

I do not trust the odometer either. Checked against sat nav, the miles travelled was incorrect for me (albeit only about 1%). That might mean I'm getting marginally more mpg.

Oh, and the speed shown is wrong too in mine - a true 70 is indicated 74. True 30 is indicated 32. The law allows them to register faster than our actual speed, but not to indicate too slow.

My previous two Honda Accords (old shape) were both accurate to the satnav.

The dealer could have replaced the sensors under warranty, but could not guarantee the next set would be any more accurate.

Also, imagine the issues when I sell, having changed the recorded miles!