Heated washer jets

Chavyboy

Got these on the Furby as all the other cars I have owned have always frozen the wash liquid even when I put the correct washer mix in the water.

My question what is actaully heated ? Is the washer bottle or are there heaters in the jets themselves ? I had a quick look yesterday but I couldn't see any wires going to the washer jets but yet there is a light on the dash with a picture of the washer jets that comes on then goes off when I start the car.

Any ideas people ?

Thanks Ivan

Pretty sure it's just the jets as the bottle should have enough anti-freeze in it to stop it freezing. When you lift up the bonnet on mine, you can see wires running to them I think. :) What does the washer jet light on the dash look like?

Chris

Don't think the Octy vRS has these as standard but mine never froze once last winter - the Focus used to freeze up every day when it was below -5C or so. Think it's due to the clever design ie they're not stuck on top of the bonnet !

I didnt think the Fabia come with heated jets on the vRS model.

Yes its the jets that are heated, if you have them there will be a 2 pin plug on the bottom of the jet or very close by.

Just checked the spec, the heated jets are an option.

Pretty sure it's just the jets as the bottle should have enough anti-freeze in it to stop it freezing. When you lift up the bonnet on mine' date=' you can see wires running to them I think. :) What does the washer jet light on the dash look like?

Chris[/quote']

The light looks like a picture of a windscreen with water squirting up onto it, bit like the washer symbol on the rear wash wipe.

Ivan, I believe that the code for heated spraying jet is 9T1 (although that might be for the headlight washers). Have a look at the option codes list on the Vehicle Data sticker for your car which is inside the front cover of your car's Service Schedule booklet and check if it is listed.

Cheers Denis, it appears they have not been fitted, I spoke to my dealer this morning and he is sorting this out as well as the fraying seat which has only covered 1400 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your problems Ivan. It's also very interesting that Skoda have eventually told Newpress Ltd. to remove the mis-leading http://www.skodasnewtoy.co.ukwebsite for the vRS, that showed heated washer jets, passenger seat height adjustment, all-round electric windows, etc., etc.

I just wonder how many other dealers have tried to sell vapourware like the heated jets from the factory?

On the subject of the fraying vRS seat, I've updated another thread for you that I am recording concerning vRS common problems. Your the second person reporting premature wear. Could I ask you to post a reply on there to make it scan correctly for me please?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6419

Many thanks and best of luck for the future,

afaik no fabia or octavia (uk Model) has heater washer jets

Big K Yepp found this out on Friday, it's only the euro models that has heated washer jets but the dealer where I got the car from is seeing if he can get them for my car, fingers crossed.

Big K Yepp found this out on Friday, it's only the euro models that has heated washer jets but the dealer where I got the car from is seeing if he can get them for my car, fingers crossed.

i would think that wouldn't be a easy job none of the wiring would be there.

i would think that wouldn't be a easy job none of the wiring would be there.

I was told the control for heating the mirror would also feed power to the jets but that maybe wishful thinking on the dealers part then ?

chavyboy , any news on your dealer 'fixing' the heated water jet prob? if so, then there must be an aftermarket way of doing it and if so i'm sure there would be a market for it up here!

No they gave me the money back that I paided for them. He is still looking into the jets to see if they can be retro fitted.

A trick we used to do many years ago to help stop freezing but not sure if it can be done easily on the Octy. Extend the hose from the washer bottle to the jets & wrap it around the heater hoses many times to form a coil which warms the water to the jets