Bodywork protection

Are there any products out there that might protect my paint work? I think I've heard about Amourgaurd or something like that? :confused:

And also as I do a fair bit of motorway driving (and the pug did suffer from this) stone chips are an issue, I've seen on scoobies and RS's with some sort of protection Film which sticks on and it the colour of the body work?

Cheers

mike

Fooking hell! It doesn't take some people long does it to take a dislike to a car! It seems like only yesterday that people joked and quipped about Skoda's as if they were cheap pieces of junk. People have such a short memory. Jealous anchors.

I had Autosales (Bilston) supply and fit a product called Supagard. It's more a paint lustre protector than an armour coat for the paintwork, but it may help a little (don't ask me to try it on mine ;)) They also applied the Fabric Protection too. http://www.supagard.co.uk

Sorry to hear that mate. Where were you parked?

cheers wayne, could remember what it was called and as soon as I read it I slapped my forehead!! D'oh

In the office car park it would seem, it there or my drive way! I know which one I'd perfer it to have been!!

I'll give them a go though cheers :thumbup:

And 2 further links from the Detailing section of our web links section:

http://www.armourfend.com/

http://www.toughseal.co.uk/

Armourfend looks like the best so far if I were in the market for this sort of product. Toughseal is more like the Supagard products that I bought, i.e. a chemical paint and fabric treatment.

The Armourfend one would really need to cover the entire vehicle to make it effective against the low-life scum that scratch cars though.

Pikey gits.

Where abouts are you? Ive got a valeter mate that does Diamondbrite on the side (one kit usually does about three cars, so he builds up a stock) and he does the whole car inside and out for good rates.

Also alot of our guys use armourfend on the VX220's. Product has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and looks pretty good.

Diamondbrite wont stop stone chips etc' date=' simply makes car easier to clear as it levels out all the imperfections in the paint surface, also protects against bird pooh stains etc

Swissol do what is arguably a better product & for less so if you want to go down this route contact Mark Underwood.[/quote']

I was thinking of it just as protection from bird pooh etc more that as a stone chip protection.

Swissol.........ok sounds like that could be just as good, Mark underwood who/how do I contact him?

Thanks

Marks details, Mention Briskoda when you talk to him

Mobile is best way of contacting him as he travells a lot, Also talk to him about polishes & Multiclean, if your going for the swissol protection he will sometimes do a stanking good deal on other things

Contact Name: Wax Wizzard Mark Underwood

Screen Name: [email protected]

Home Phone: 01752 317086

FAX: 01752 317086

Mobile: 07966 713177