Clutch issue

Hiya all,

2006 Fabia Vrs with 30K on, no remap or tuning.

In the last couple of days, occasionally when engaging 3rd gear at fairly slow speeds there is a slight squeal and a bit of a jolt as it engages.

No clutch slip that I'm aware of.

Any ideas ?

Does this sound like the start of a problem ? Doesn't do it all the time.

TIA

RBW.

Cheers John, brilliant offer, although I'm more interested in how you uprated yours (did you keep DMF ? Who did it ? Dare I ask cost ?).

Jasc1988, yes realise its under warranty, more concerned about breaking down mid journey and I only just noticed it today. Will probably give it another few days to see if it is consistent or worsens.

Cheers

RBW.

If your wondering about clutches, i went for an Uprated Helix clutch which uses its own SMF, Newer revised one which is heavier than the previous design. Does rattle / chatter at idle however.

Cheapest place i could get it for was £830 from mardi gras motosport (delivered) , that was clucth and fly - whole shooting match, then obviously you have fitting ontop of that.

Performance wise its amazing, obviously no clutch slip at all even when at 50mph in 6th will still pull like a train all day long. The bite is also amazing and i have noticed gear changes to be a bit quicker on the pick up too.

I notice you have a standard VRS, so would only look to upgrade if you decide to Remap

I would go for the helix and SMF as well. I didnt tho! I got a sachs organic clutch and had a new DMF put on there. Cost about £700 plus fitting, feels completly OEM which is good!

As said above, would only consider uprating clutch if your planning a remap.

Id get down the dealers ASAP tho mate. Warrenty is your friend!

Good luck :)