Rear Shunt!! - Furby vRS

avantius

Hi fellow Briskodians,

Gutted!!! - My 6 month year old Furby vRS shunted from the rear, bad case of the whiplash now :(

Considering the intensity of the shunt - the car has had less damage - thanks to those big furby rear bumpers. Had an estimator to look at the damage - says need a new rear bumper. Just wondering how easy is the rear bumper to remove on the furby vRS? It's being fixed by an Audi Bodyshop!! (hope they no what they're doing) - this was the only approved repaier around my neck of the woods.

Thanks,

Rich.

Sounds like the bumper did a good job of absorbing the impact, Rich. Hope it - and you of course - get sorted soonest. :(

Well, i already on the case to claim personal injury. Was done in by a Toyota Avensis (of all cars!) - third party are people travelling to my workplace.

Will check about bodyshop options. Seems like this Audi bodyshop is an approved VAG polace - hopefully this should be quite painless.

Personal injury - how much u reckon the claim would be worth for whiplash?

Cheers,

Rich

*ahem* personal injury claim :D

will pay for jabba etc etc :rofl:

Careful Colin,

Last time i suggested this they all started moaning about increased premiums due to the "Compensation culture"...

And there was me thinking you paid for insurance just in case you actually need to claim.... :rolleyes:

Sorry, but from the moment I read "bad case of whiplash now"............I knew where this thread was heading ..........let's face the facts , your car was hit from behind and it needs a new bumper .

These things happen ....but if only a new bumper is needed , then I'm sorry but I don't believe the "bad case of whiplash"....more like "how much can I claim ".............

I could go on and on about this ...............far too much of this sort of thing going on at the moment ,...........makes my blood boil :mad:

my other half had a crash not too long ago, but the other guy had no insurance... she recieved severe whiplash including a hairline fracture of her neck... that was a crash @ about 30

ouch! Not everyone gets a payout that they should, I think it's all down to how good your personal claim advisor is and how much you lay it on!

Oh and sorry to hear about your furby!! Hope it's all sorted soon (will an audi garage keep with your warranty?)

some time ago, I was shunted from behind myself... :eek: ... not sure if I said that the right way:rofl:

I had a stiff neck, but nothing bad, which I told the insurance company. They basically forced me to go to the doctors and put through a claim, even when i said i didn't want to!

total sum back

Careful Colin' date='

Last time i suggested this they all started moaning about increased premiums due to the "Compensation culture"...

And there was me thinking you paid for insurance just in case you actually need to claim.... :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yep you do pay in case you need it ... but the growth in "compensation culture" has meant that plenty of people have claimed when they didn't actually need it. All it means is that we will all get stung for extra premiums in the long run :rolleyes:

And Rich - sorry to hear of the shunt, hope the Fab is back with you soon :thumbup:

Actually, it doesn't really matter if the other party's insured or not. If they are, then it may all go through a little quicker.

As in my case, I was hit head-on at a combined impact speed of about 60MPH (I was doing about 5MPH, making a right turn, he was uninsured and doing about 55-60MPH whilst running a red light...) in August 2003. My insurance paid off what I owed on my car (a write off), but left me back at square one regards buying a new car - no deposit etc etc. Anyway, bought the Furby and haven't been happier.

The PI claim's still going through. The guy who hit me did a runner, wasn't insured, wasn't the registered owner of the car and gave false address to the Police. Turns out the Police wanted him for a number of reasons anyway, and seem to have eventually found him, since I received a notice from the Magistrate's Court informing me of a

My Octavia 2.0 Elegance was rear ended last year by 5 series Beemer.

My car went to the insurance approved repairer (Vauxhall at Sighthill, Edinburgh). To cut a long story short it has never been right since, even after Skoda themselves did restoration work to it. I have traded it in for a TDi Elegance (great deal on a two year old 8000 mile only car).

I would certainly never allow a car to be repaired by the insurance companies approved repairer again unless it was also approved by my local Skoda dealer.

With yours being a VAG dealer hopefully it should be okay.

Regards

mumphie, did it affect your premium?

Sadly, yes. I only had 3 years NCB, so wasn't protected. Back down to 1 year now, but I'm still paying less per year on the Furby than I was on a Fiat Punto Sporting! Mind you, might be because I'm 30 now... :(

Apparently, if they catch the guy and he admits to it, and if the insurance company can get money back off him, I'll get my NCB back... :)

I had to claim off my own insurance to get my old car paid off, so my insurance company forked out for that.

Generally, if the insurance company can get the money back they've paid out (for anything), they'll return NCB and premiums back to you.