Shark Fin FM aerials - what are they like?

Shark Fin FM aerials....

The rubber on my standard roof aerial is starting to perish so thought I might get a shark fin style one, something similar to this:

76f4_1.JPG

Just wondering whose got one?

Where did you get it from?

And whats the FM reception like?

Shark Fin FM aerials....

The rubber on my standard roof aerial is starting to perish so thought I might get a shark fin style one, something similar to this:

Just wondering whose got one?

Where did you get it from?

And whats the FM reception like?

1. I have.

2. Bought from tmtuning.com

3. Pure crap on reception. Doesn't work like it should on it's own, needs a second aerial to rear window etc.

If you want a smaller antenna with same reception quality, I recommend a VW Sharan OEM replica antenna. It's 6.5cm long stubby antenna and has exactly if not even better reception quality than the standard whip. It screws directly to the existing antenna base so no need to do any extensive maintenance :)

Bought mine from parts4euro.com.

• 4 weeks later...
If you want a smaller antenna with same reception quality, I recommend a VW Sharan OEM replica antenna. It's 6.5cm long stubby antenna and has exactly if not even better reception quality than the standard whip. It screws directly to the existing antenna base so no need to do any extensive maintenance :)

Bought mine from parts4euro.com.

I have fitted one of these. It looks the business, and reception is strong.

If you wanted a cheap solution, the S2000 "stubby" Aerial fit's mk1's and 2's and can be had for around £7. Reception on my MFD2 has been fine with this.

Infact as I have washed the slug and it's light enough, I just nipped outside and took this to give you an idea

P1040073.jpg

VW do a sharkfin aerial too ;)

That's the one I had previously and the reception is C-R-A-P. It hisses and loses reception even in urban areas.

The Sharan antenna replica on the other hand is VERY good. It's pretty much the same looking as the S2000 antenna but it's half of it's length.

Probably been covered before but seen as its on topic do they (s2000) fit fabias too?

Oh and is that Honda, Skoda or totally different?

Ta

They fit furbies to, I think Basil has one on his mate.

I take it the Octy mk2 uses a 5mm thread then? Also assume you mean the Honda S2000 aerial, I'll have a look for one.

yes mate, mine was from Ebay, I will try and find the seller ID, but it was a brand new "bagged" (as opposed to stolen) Honda S2000 aerial and I paid £7 + postage.

I know they fit the mk1 also as fatty5000 has one on his.