which tyres for VRS

Im in need of some (4) new tyres and was wondering which of the following people would pick.....

Toyo Proxes T1-Rempty.gifCustomer Rating: empty.gif4stars.gifempty.gif205/45 R16 W (87)Reinforced

empty.gif£79.52

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2empty.gifCustomer Rating: empty.gif5stars.gifempty.gif205/45 R16 W (83)empty.gif£83.15

Kumho KU31empty.gifCustomer Rating: empty.gif4stars.gifempty.gif205/45 R16 W (87)Reinforced

empty.gif£69.57

The garage will also do Hankook ventus sport k104 for £74.00 each

Im thinking I should play safe with the goodyears but if anyone has experience with any of the above I'd be interested to hear :thumbup: or :thumbdwn:

Never used them on a Fabia, but on my old car the Toyo's were great! Super sticky, could go round corners like nothing else! Only problem was they wore down a bit fast for my liking, probably because of the aforementioned cornering! :rolleyes:

I have the Goodyear's on the front and they are superb. Will be putting them on the back as well in the near distant future. They are very sticky and from my own experience have made the car more responsive. Hope it helps.

The garage will also do Hankook ventus sport k104 for £74.00 each

I've got these on.

12k so far, well pleased, good grip wet and dry and a lot quieter than the OEM Continentals. Looks like they'll last another 3k (having said that I don't drive like a nutter).

mytyres did them for £52 delivered when I got them last year. Then paid £8 each to have em fitted balanced etc.

Bought them on recommendations / user reviews on quite a few tyre sites.

I think that price includes fitting and balancing

Still too expensive.

I've just bought 4, £60 a pop, fitted and balanced.

My local Blackcircles man.

He just gets so much a tyre comission off them, and they deliver them to him, if he orders them, he can buy them cheaper, so he may only make an extra £2 a corner, but he gets my custom everytime.

I have Goodyear F1s on the front of my car and I must say I'm disappointed:

They do have better grip around corners that my old Contis.

But they are incapable of keeping the power down (174Bhp/309lb/ft) in 2nd gear where my (supposedly crap) Continental Contact 2 didn't struggle and there is no feel for when they are going to let go under acceleration i.e. I'm going to have to adapt my driving style to the tyres.

Turn in compared to the Contis is vague and not reassuring - Contis were very impressive on my trackdays but lacked overall grip.

Please be aware this is not an advert for Contis - they lasted 18K miles when one of them developed a 15mm bulge out the side which I found one evening - checked them the next day before changing my tyres and it had gone! The tyre would have probably gone pop at high speed :rolleyes:

My vote would be for Toyos :thumbup: they felt great on my brother vRS.

The Goodyear Eagle F1's get my vote - I used them on my Scoobies and found them far superior to the OE Bridgestones.

Please note that there are (at least) 2 versions of the F1's on sale in Europe, the slightly older GSD2's (which have the link in OP above) and the GSD3's. Overall I found the GSD2 tread pattern / compound to be the better.

My car has Kumhos all round, which is what it had when I bought it. Fronts will need changing shortly, and I'll probably go for them again as they seem good value and they are perfectly fine to me (although I haven't compared them to anything else!)

I bought F1's for the front of mine about a month ago, I think they are better than the originals.

Mine is standard 130 atm.

Interesting reading the post above from Philip26 about poor grip in second gear with a 174 bhp, but its better around corners.

does this mean the conties where in a straight line in 2nd gear?

Sorry for the post hijack! but I am thinking of remapping the car next month and am expecting similar stats as Philip.

(I had Michelan Piolet Exalto 2's on my old clio 172 and though they where really good ;))

To bring it back to the op's question, I am happy with the F1's so I would go for them.

You should be able to get Hankook K103/104 for IRO £50 a corner if you shop around. I pay that at Motorsport Wheels. Toyo and GY F1's are both good, with F1's being the better quality, but at a price. My personal favourite tyres of the last few years have been Vredestein. The old UltraC were superb on my Scooby, and I've heard nothing but praise for the new Sessanta. No need to pay more than £75 a corner, even for quality tyres. My latest set for track use are Hankook RS2 which I've got, fitted, for £70 a corner. Camskill do some great prices for tyres, along with MyTyres, and Black Circles.