2010 Octavia Hatch Mud Flaps - HELP

Right guys, please can someone help.

I have searched and read that the Genuine Skoda Rear Mudflaps do not fit the FL VRS Hatch on here. But then...

... Octavia 2010 Estate Mudflaps.

More to the point Peter0976's pics look as if the fit is pretty good.

I have a candy white 2010 VRS and the splatter all over the bottom of the rear bumper is doing my head in so before it totally wrecks the paintwork i'd like to try and do something about it. (See below)

P1010142.jpg

And that's after 24 miles!! It was clean on Saturday afternoon.

HELP!! Pics of the genuine (part number KEA600001) fitted would be good if anyone has them.

Edited by sh4rpsh00ter

Both me and my dad spent hours at the weekend trying and failed to get the rears on. The problem is they push the wheel lining out and the holes for the screws dont line up. We might take the wheel off but TBH, I can't be bothered!

To fit them properly you need to take the rear wheels off, then you can apply pressure in the right direction. Mine lined up fine but I did have to use a hairdryer to soften up the rubber of the mudflaps so they would fit the bumper moulding correctly.

Just been perusing the skoda website and it is now showing that the vRS estate comes with rear mudflaps as standard. Whether this means they just fit the 'normal' mudflaps or whether there are specific vRS ones is not clear. Anyone brave enough to ask a dealer? :giggle:

Sarge

Edited by Sarge

Is there a difference between the estate and hatch bumpers?

Part numbers anyone?

Skoda lists KEA600002 for front and KEA600001 for rear (but not for vRS according to Skoda). Don't think there's a difference for hatch or estate. Am interested in what Skoda are now fitting as standard to the vRS.

Sarge

Skoda Front and rear Mudflaps fitted to my 2010 VRS. If you want some photos then you'll have to tell me how to upload them!! Have tried but it took me longer to fathom out how to do it, before I gave up, than it did to fit the mudflaps!!!

• 10 months later...

Skoda Front and rear Mudflaps fitted to my 2010 VRS. If you want some photos then you'll have to tell me how to upload them!! Have tried but it took me longer to fathom out how to do it, before I gave up, than it did to fit the mudflaps!!!

When you say skoda mud flaps fittied your VRS , do you mean the normal octavia mud flaps? I own a 2010 vrs skoda and washing the car is driving me crazy and I'm fed up of having th clear all the mud that collects behind the wheels, not only that but the paint work behind the front wheel was chipped last week this could of been prevented if I had mud flapps on it. Can you try and up load the pictures of you car to see how they look like please. You can click on the picture icon on the reply box and upload the photos.

Thanks

By the way, I just saw these mud flaps for octavia vrs on ebay, my car is 2010 vrs oct in racing blue. I think these ones look so cheap and horrible and the other peoblem if you notice the front flaps are very likely t get caught each time you drive over a small ramp (speed bumper) . If any one knows any solition please help.

Here's mine

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2761/dscf0366aw.jpg

Guys I encountered this same problem when fitting flaps to my "sport" rear bumper.

The problem is that it will not fit directly on as the Sport/VRS rear bumper is wider thatn a standard one the flaps are designed for. The solution, was to take a nice sharp blade and trim the inside lip off the mudlap to make it wider, then heat the mudflap up whie fitting to make it more pliable.

Thats how I fitted mine, and they have been 100% for about a year now and even survived the snow and ice jammed against them in the winter!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I encountered this same problem when fitting flaps to my "sport" rear bumper.

The problem is that it will not fit directly on as the Sport/VRS rear bumper is wider thatn a standard one the flaps are designed for. The solution, was to take a nice sharp blade and trim the inside lip off the mudlap to make it wider, then heat the mudflap up whie fitting to make it more pliable.

Thats how I fitted mine, and they have been 100% for about a year now and even survived the snow and ice jammed against them in the winter!

Ordered front mud flaps on Wednesday for Dec 2010 VRS DSG CR Hatch. Collected from dealer on Saturday fitted on Sunday. Took 15 minutes max. Perfect fit, OSF took longer than NSF. Now waiting to see what how much reduction there is in muck thrown along side of car.

teebee, did you fit the rear ones too?

I have a set of rear ones waiting to be fitted, hoping to get them on this weekend if the weather allows.

Thought that I would start with fronts and see how it goes. As have a real problem with drivers seat issue (see thread Vrs seats a real pain), if that gets sorted out, then I will order rears, get car detailed + Ventureshield to front bumper and full bonnet wrap.

Silly Question. Do the flaps come with screws? If no what size do I need. I have a set waiting to go on (the front) and didn't see any screws in the package...

Simon

Silly Question. Do the flaps come with screws? If no what size do I need. I have a set waiting to go on (the front) and didn't see any screws in the package...

Simon

You use original screws that hold on inner arch liner. Turn steering on full lock Just remove them with an allen key. I kept mine in order, osf then nsf. Fitted flaps, lined up and located holes and started off screws by hand and then tightened with allen key

Edited by teebee

You use original screws that hold on inner arch liner. Turn steering on full lock Just remove them with an allen key. I kept mine in order, osf then nsf. Fitted flaps, lined up and located holes and started off screws by hand and then tightened with allen key

Teebee - Great! Thank you. I just need a dry spell this weekend then.

Simon

Can you remember the price of these?

By the way, I just saw these mud flaps for octavia vrs on ebay, my car is 2010 vrs oct in racing blue. I think these ones look so cheap and horrible and the other peoblem if you notice the front flaps are very likely t get caught each time you drive over a small ramp (speed bumper) . If any one knows any solition please help.

I have the Rallyflapz fitted to my Octy VRs and they do not catch on the ground even lowered with Eibachs. They would if you had coilovers fitted and had the car lower. I opted for them in black without any logos and they are very subtle and suit the shape of the Octy. Plus keep my car much cleaner!

I have the Rallyflapz fitted to my Octy VRs and they do not catch on the ground even lowered with Eibachs. They would if you had coilovers fitted and had the car lower. I opted for them in black without any logos and they are very subtle and suit the shape of the Octy. Plus keep my car much cleaner!

I got a set of the plain black rallyflapz a wee while back. They are still lying on the bench in the garage to be fitted when I change the wheels back to the alloys and summer tyres.

The fitting instructions are a bit cryptic.

Are they easy to fit? Any fitting tips?

Cheers

Dave