Workshop Manual on CD

speedsport

I'm thinking about it.

Once you have it, do you need to activate it using the ebay sellers key ?

I have downloaded some of this stuff from a fileshare site, but they don't cover the Yeti yet.

AFAIK, VW (and Skoda) doesn't sell ELSA/ETKA to end-users, so these are likely illegal copies. And since they are illegal, it doesn't make much sense to buy them, considering you can always find a torrent with the (almost) current ELSA/ETKA version and download it for free. In fact, it's very likely that the seller did exactly that.

The real problem, however (besides using illegal software, that is), is that in the recent years VW has strongly moved towards online-based services. A lot of information is still available offline, but for an increasing number of things you have to be connected to VW/Skoda, and, of course, you cannot be connected unless you are an authorized dealer/workshop.

Now, VW obviously realized they are missing potential clients, so they created erWin, which is a completely Internet-based system, also available to "private persons". It's subscription based and is not necessarily very cheap, but my strongest complaint was more about the contents. I purchased the shortest possible subscription -- one hour -- to check my VIN and see what's available. That was 3-4 months ago and there was virtually nothing about the Yeti. In fact, very little was available for the Fabia and the Octavia, too. Unfortunately, I have no idea whether something had changed since.

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/

Edit: Oops, forgot the most important thing -- the link to Skoda's erWin.

Edited by bi1b0

There was a thread about this some time ago after a forum member bought the manual from Ebay. I don't remember when it was but some helpful soul will no doubt come along with a link shortly.........

There was a thread about this some time ago after a forum member bought the manual from Ebay. I don't remember when it was but some helpful soul will no doubt come along with a link shortly.........

Al right, let me take the role of the helpful soul... :giggle:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/154079-workshop-manual-on-ebay/

Let me again emphasize that those manuals on eBay are 99.99% illegal copies, so it really doesn't make much difference whether you buy them or download the software yourself. Well, probably there's less risk of getting something nasty (like a trojan horse) along when you buy it, but, then again, those sellers are pretty anonymous guys, so probably there's actually more risk with them... Obviously, it's a matter of personal preference of trust. :smirk:

For anyone technically inclined, there's a lot of interesting information in ElsaWin, as I said earlier, but again, unfortunately, you can't really use the full functionality unless you are connected to VW/Skoda's servers. For instance, I'd be very happy to keep an eye on the service bulletins being issued for my car -- and that's probably much more important than knowing how to disassemble the engine, which I wouldn't be able to do anyway, because of the many special tools and equipment required.

BTW, have also in mind that ElsaWin is pretty old software, and therefore somewhat tricky to install and use on more modern operating systems like Windows 7 or Vista.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for opinions everyone.

I was particularly hoping that the "CD Manual" would give info on things that even the dealers struggle with, like wiring diagrams & which trim panels to remove (& how) to get to the cable routes. The yeti is so well finished that it's not as obvious as most vehicles how to open her up!

I purchased the CD for £10.00 thru an ebay ad, the seller is in Estonia and it took 7 days to arrive. On receipt of the CD I contacted the seller via email for the activation code. I installed the programme and data files and it went without a hitch. The info it provides is excellent and it shows precisely how to remove panels, bumper and wiring harness diagrams. It is the best tenner I've spent, I have sat for hours looking through the data (retired engineer you see) it is a very good source of info and a great workshop manual. Another little bit of info if you are looking to install a tow bar is to download the wiring info on the Yeti from Erich Jaeger GmbH.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I purchased the CD for £10.00 thru an ebay ad, the seller is in Estonia and it took 7 days to arrive. On receipt of the CD I contacted the seller via email for the activation code. I installed the programme and data files and it went without a hitch. The info it provides is excellent and it shows precisely how to remove panels, bumper and wiring harness diagrams. It is the best tenner I've spent, I have sat for hours looking through the data (retired engineer you see) it is a very good source of info and a great workshop manual. Another little bit of info if you are looking to install a tow bar is to download the wiring info on the Yeti from Erich Jaeger GmbH.

Hi. Can you please send me the link to the seller or even buy it to me please ? Thanks

Hi. Can you please send me the link to the seller or even buy it to me please ? Thanks

See post #6 above.

Though the original item listed is no longer available according to eBay who redirect you instead to various "manuals" that appear to be ELSAWIN at a lower price - which may actually have been the same thing as the original disc.

Be careful, some of the advertised items will not work on certain versions of MS Windows.

I have Ebay sourced versions of both Elsawin (now works on W7 64 bit) and ETKA (Works on W7 in XP mode)

Just successfully updated ETKA - it is a most useful facility!

I doubt if either of the sellers are still available!

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys,

Do you know how to get in ELSAWIN 4.1 ? When I use my VIN and other vehicle details It doesn't takes me in and says "Authentiction error' and "Navigation cancelled" .......Do you know the work around?

PS: its a registered copy and works otherwise fine with workshop manual etc....

OTHER QUESTION: Do you know if I can get full parts list from EKTA 4.1 using VIN of my Yeti? I need to know the steering wheel slip-ring module type :) 

Thanks guys

Hi Guys,

Do you know how to get in ELSAWIN 4.1 ? When I use my VIN and other vehicle details It doesn't takes me in and says "Authentiction error' and "Navigation cancelled" .......Do you know the work around?

PS: its a registered copy and works otherwise fine with workshop manual etc....

OTHER QUESTION: Do you know if I can get full parts list from EKTA 4.1 using VIN of my Yeti? I need to know the steering wheel slip-ring module type :)

Thanks guys

If your version is a registered copy, then you must be a VAG dealer so I suggest you go through proper support channels.

• 2 years later...