ESP Light staying on.

gnut

The ABS module will have died. you can get a repair kit. I will look for the link.

Before assuming it's the ABS controller, I'd get the codes read; it may just be a wheel sensor.

Yes on my MK1 vRS with ESP (which I believe is same unit as MK2) light came on. In the end VAG-COM came up with front left ABS sensor. I checked it and the wiring was damaged. Sorted that and ESP light is off.

Good luck.

Before assuming it's the ABS controller, I'd get the codes read; it may just be a wheel sensor.

Thanks for the fast replies guys. Hoping it's a wheel sensor, but knowing my luck.....Will let you know soonest.

Thanks for the fast replies guys. Hoping it's a wheel sensor, but knowing my luck.....Will let you know soonest.

Yes good luck although that repair kit that has recently come out is a lot cheaper than a new module!

Yes good luck although that repair kit that has recently come out is a lot cheaper than a new module!

No luck I'm afraid, very interested in repair kit though.Is this readily available yet do you know?

No luck I'm afraid, very interested in repair kit though.Is this readily available yet do you know?

Presume from your dealer or TPS...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/190784-how-to-repair-espabs-fault-with-vag-repair-kit/page__p__2276511__hl__abs+repair__fromsearch__1#entry2276511

• 2 weeks later...

Presume from your dealer or TPS...

Back on the road today for a total of £580; £40 postage, £120 for removal and re-fitting and £420 for reconned/ upgraded unit from a crowd called ECU Testing Ltd. This has the edge on the £1400 ball-park figure from Skoda.

But the repair kit is only £129+vat??

Booked in to the local dealer next week. Skoda giving us 100% parts and 50% labour but wondering what the book time for replacing unit is? Thanks in advance :)