Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Just seen this over on seatcupra.

Audi are carrying out replacements on coilpacks (TT, A3 etc), and by the look of it, a few hundred have been done already!

Apparently SEAT are inspecting them too. I wonder if I can convince Audi that my car ia an Audi? :rofl:

Just need to convince Skoda to do it too.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=306747

Have a read of the following thread relating to the coil pack recall for your car back in 2005. My car was done then and the replacement 06B 905 115L coil packs have been problem-free since.

http://briskoda.net/...__1#entry321480

Update:

This is a second coil pack replacement campaign. Details of coil packs involved can be found in subsequent posts in this thread. The reference to quote to dealers if necessary is Ignition Coil Campaign No: 28 F7 (Issued March 28th).

Mine already has the L version coils in, but it seems that people are having probelms with them, hence releasing the R and newer D revisions. Mine are fine, but I wouldn't turn down a free set of coilpacks :rofl:

Mine are dated 2003 on a 2002 car, so they have all been replaced at some point by the look of it. No records in the service history, so may have been done while it was on the forecourt.

If you read down the thread

"Anyway, the recall is to INSPECT the coil packs and POSSIBLY replace them on VW and Audi. Plus if Seat take this recall on, it wont be for ages. As there will be over a 12 month waiting list for replacement parts when the inspections have been carried out, due to the number of affectedcars.

Also, if you have replaced your coilpacks, your car may be ok, as it only applies to certain Serial Numbers of pack."

So i would very much doubt any of our cars could get this done Free, as if we have replaced them already, they are not the suspect range or still working with no problems the dealers will get out of it. :'(

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just rang Skoda and they want to look at the car under this recall. Ive just bought a new set of coils, so will put the old ones in and keep the new ones as a spare if they swap them!

Might be worth others ringing up too as we know how troublesome these can be.

Just phoned up my local dealer, and it needs them doing. emoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Apparently, anything with version R or D is OK, but anything else needs replacing. (Excluding the screw down types).

Recall date is 28th March 2011, and applies to any 1.8T engine with push down coilpacks

Get in!

p.s. Do you think it's worth getting the Shark sts out and putting it back to standard?

Edited by rk696

Just phoned up my local dealer, and it needs them doing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Apparently, anything with version R or D is OK, but anything else needs replacing. (Excluding the screw down types).

Recall date is 28th March 2011, os it is a new one, and only affected the 132kW engines.

Get in!

p.s. Do you think it's worth getting the Shark sts out and putting it back to standard?

Was that DM Keith Huddersfield?

If it was, let me know when you're going down and I'll try to join you.

Do you know if they are being swapped for free?!

My car's still on it's 9yr old originals, and never had an issue with them, so wonder what the reason for the recall is. Seems strange having a recall on such an old car!

Yeah, it's the Hudds one.

Yours is still originals? Surprised they still work lol.

I'm gonna be going down there tomorrow for them to check it officially needs them, then they'll order the parts and fit later on (I'm on holiday for a week, so they're not going to be able to get them in time).

Are you in Hudds tomorrow? I've just got my alloys refurbed, so you can have a look at them. :rofl: