Protecting the radiator from stones with metal mesh....

Yeti_Man

Hi guys, before the car goes on it's next big trip I'm keen to do something towards protecting the radiator from stones. As such I've bought a sheet of mesh from B&Q this morning but for the life of me I can't now find the how to guide that I'm convinced I'd seen previously, either in the octy section or in here! I'm sure I remember seeing photos of someones car that they'd fitted a black mesh too, just behind the lower grill section.

Does anyone have any links please? A search has given me zero. :doh:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Focus,

got a feeling Bahnstormer vRS and My_Yeti have carried out these mods, also JonA pointed out there's an official guard which clips to the front cooler with plastic clips. However it's only officially fitted to the Octavia II but will fit the Yeti. Need to remove the bumper to fit this mod.

Regards,

TP

Hi guys, before the car goes on it's next big trip I'm keen to do something towards protecting the radiator from stones. As such I've bought a sheet of mesh from B&Q this morning but for the life of me I can't now find the how to guide that I'm convinced I'd seen previously, either in the octy section or in here! I'm sure I remember seeing photos of someones car that they'd fitted a black mesh too, just behind the lower grill section.

Does anyone have any links please? A search has given me zero. :doh:

Thanks in advance.

Try page 12