The Yeti's relative size

The Tiguan is the closest, but it would be as its the same chasis but even so you can see the Yeti looks better proportion wise! Aesthetically The Yeti wins!

The Tiguan is the closest, but it would be as its the same chasis but even so you can see the Yeti looks better proportion wise! Aesthetically The Yeti wins!

+ 1. The Yeti has something.

The Tiguan is longer than a Yeti, I think about the size of an Octavia II and has an extra 20mm ground clearance. Considered one before the Yeti arrived but was put off by that longer bodywork and the woefully outdated dash, which they have done little with for the mid life update. Shame as the outside is much improved over the original 1980's Ford Sierra jelly mould look.

Yeti however suited perfectly being the same length as the Golf V 4motion, a fraction wider with more cabin space and has the ground clearance that is desperately missing from the ground hugging Golf.

TP

The profile of both the front and rear wheel arches on the Tiguan and Yeti is almost identical.

The only exterior bits that are really identical are the mirrors and door handles!

teskyevwti88_4d10604f91fc4.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Tiguan is longer than a Yeti, I think about the size of an Octavia II and has an extra 20mm ground clearance. Considered one before the Yeti arrived but was put off by that longer bodywork and the woefully outdated dash, which they have done little with for the mid life update. Shame as the outside is much improved over the original 1980's Ford Sierra jelly mould look.

Yeti however suited perfectly being the same length as the Golf V 4motion, a fraction wider with more cabin space and has the ground clearance that is desperately missing from the ground hugging Golf.

TP

You can also get a full size pallet into a yeti (just) with the rear seats folded up.

The ford transit would be proud :-)

A while back when my Yeti was having its towbar fitted by Allams we walked into Epsom and a Duster was parked in the road along the way. In the flesh it's not so impressive and the build quality from the outside didn't look too good.

Fred

A while back when my Yeti was having its towbar fitted by Allams we walked into Epsom and a Duster was parked in the road along the way. In the flesh it's not so impressive and the build quality from the outside didn't look too good.

Fred

I've seen and been inside quite a few Dusters at the various motor shows I go to. A Yeti inside or out they are not, BUT they cost thousands and thousands less than a Yeti. So in terms for value for money they are amazing. You get what you pay for here so the quality is what you'd expect I think.

I was surprised though in seeing those pictures above in how close the Duster is in size to a Yeti...

' you get what you pay for' way of thinking is exactly why I'm buying a Yeti. Fed up with paying over the top for BMWs etc and taking a massive hit depreciation wise, my expectations will not be as high as they would be paying 40k plus on a car. Top end quality maybe lacking somewhat but that's a sacrifice I can certainly live with, so why not a Duster.

• Like 1