mk2 vrs drinks oil for fun from NEW

2011 fabia vrs coverd 300miles and oil warning light came on showing no oil on dipstick!! needed 2litres of oil to register on dipstick, at 500mile another 2litres were added at 800miles needed 2more litres then the dealers had it for a month an come to the conclusion it needed piston ring to rectifi problem (they fitted) did another 300 mile needed 1litre of oil :-/ went back for piston rings and pistons this time!! another 400 miles and drink another 2litres of oil!! did more tests did oil change then said it would be ok did another 300 miles ad another 1 1/2 litres of oil then they fitted a new turbo :-/ after another 500 miles drinks another 2liters oil, another oil change story came along ( yeah ok mate you chat s*#t lol ) after another 3/400 mile same 2litres of oil story :-( then they decided to fit a new engine turbo and supercharger unit got about a 1000 miles out of it!! it drinks all the oil agen now they have it agen waitin on the next decision, all in all my friend is one very unhappy SKODA owner and this being his first feel sorry for him, any body else have this issue i no of three upto yet??? cheers guys

• Like 1

its a shame some owners have had problems with the 14 tsi twin charger engines, I did and got shot of my vrs but miss the power like mad, on paper my mx5 is only .3 seconds slower 0 to 62 but I wouldn't want to try and have a drag race with a vrs from the lights don't think I would stand any chance (I know I wouldn't). VW please sort these engines out.

some people will have problems, with any car.... (even the legendary v-tec (we haven't had a failure) stories arn't true, because many people have had failed v-tec units when they dont top up the oil!) granted, this engine seems to have a bit of a history of eatin oil... but:

just to add to the other side of the stories of woe.... my car... 0-10,000 miles 1 litre, 10-20k 250 mill (didnt really need topping up) , since my last service (20k ) to now (27k) no oil needed at all.......

and mine is one of the engine codes that is supposed to have these crappy piston rings in it....

<p>Interesting replies guys.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>My Fabia uses no oil.... unless you cruise at 80.</p>

<p><br />

Sounds hillarious, but if you do 80 to a destination (on my private road of course) I'll get the oil warning light come on by the time I get there.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'll investigate if my engine is one with the piston ring issues.</p>

2011 fabia vrs coverd 300miles and oil warning light came on showing no oil on dipstick!! needed 2litres of oil to register on dipstick, at 500mile another 2litres were added at 800miles needed 2more litres then the dealers had it for a month an come to the conclusion it needed piston ring to rectifi problem (they fitted) did another 300 mile needed 1litre of oil :-/ went back for piston rings and pistons this time!! another 400 miles and drink another 2litres of oil!! did more tests did oil change then said it would be ok did another 300 miles ad another 1 1/2 litres of oil then they fitted a new turbo :-/ after another 500 miles drinks another 2liters oil, another oil change story came along ( yeah ok mate you chat s*#t lol ) after another 3/400 mile same 2litres of oil story :-( then they decided to fit a new engine turbo and supercharger unit got about a 1000 miles out of it!! it drinks all the oil agen now they have it agen waitin on the next decision, all in all my friend is one very unhappy SKODA owner and this being his first feel sorry for him, any body else have this issue i no of three upto yet??? cheers guys

I was using a fair bit of oil, dealer didn't have mine apart at all, few trips back and forth. Covered 5 1/2 k and used 8 litres. Contacted skoda uk and ordered my new replacement Saturday. I'm to kept my vrs until the new one arrives ( how many months ! ) and the dealer are to keep me topped up with oil. The owners manual is pretty cr@p on how to check the oil, the vw one is a lot clearer, good luck.