rattle, please help

Hi guys I have a 2011 fabia vrs,, its done 19k, I've noticed an annoying rattle that's noticeable when driving over a bumpy ish road its like driving over a cattle grid sort of rattle,I can only hear it with window down,it appears to be coming from the front although its hard to tell with my head out of the window,I had it to dealers who guess what, couldn't hear it, just wondering if anyones any ideas what it could be as its rely getting on my nerves, thanks

The way we diagnose this in the Trade is first to empty EVERYTHING out of the car INCLUDING spare wheel and all clutter out of the boot. Don't forget glove boxes and under the seats.

Then get someone to drive it whilst you sit in the various seats AND in the boot to locate the area the noise comes from. If the noise has gone - it must have been caused by the stuff you left at home in a heap!

If the noise is still there come back on and someone will have an idea if you know where about in the car it comes from.

WE HAVE HAD FIVE FABIAS IN OUR FAMILY 'COS WE LOVE 'EM. SEE AVATAR PHOTO ON LEFT.

• Like 1

From your description, I'd say it sounds like the known DSG rattle. Only happens around 2nd gear right? For example when coming to a stop, or getting out of one and before going up to 3rd gear? A bumpy road amplifies it as well. My brother had once asked: "What is that Transformers sound your car makes when it stops?" I don't think it's recognised as a fault, there was a funny official Skoda document some time ago here, stating: "Dear Sir, bla bla, this is normal operation".

• Like 2

It happens in all gears as the car is jumping around over our good old bumpy roads, with head out of window as I drive it sounds like its coming from the front, its due mot in June ill let the good old reliable stealer look again, although I'm sure ill get"I cant hear nothing mate" :-(

• 2 months later...