Paloma Faith

xman

Is it me or does the photo make Ms Faith look like a cross between something from The Addams Family and Batman's Joker?

Marketing.  Funny word, never really understood it.

Gaz

• Like 1

Skoda want to be 'down with the kids!'   So they got Bradley Wiggins CBE in a Superb taking out the family or having some time alone.  

Paloma now. She is 'hip' with Hipsters....

The actual thing might be that they employ crap 'Advertising Agencies'.   Those creative people at Skoda UK are a bit 

Yeti driverish.

They need SEAT's advertising / media people, 

or actually just start having some Interesting Small Affordable cars that appeal to 'Young People'. 

CitoGo RS, Fabia RS, Warm Hatches

& then they can have Citigo S-line & Fabia R-line with lower insurance / finance offers.

Stop talking Motorsport Heritage and Rallying success and then just offer Taxi / Airport Transport sized cars with some go.

(Odd they stop taking orders on the Family / Taxi sized 230 /245 vRS Octavia..., not announce WTF they are at, other than there will be a vRS Kodiaq, 

maybe a Karoq, maybe a Fabia / Rapid SUV thing and maybe a warm one.)

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

Sorry, who?

Paloma?

Isn't that a dessert... or a type of horse...?

Ah. I see. It's all "Marketing"..... 

Yeah, you can't actually get into Marketing unless you've already lost the plot in the first place.

• Like 1

Say what you like about Marketing Departments/Companies and their B$, they've got you talking about it!

How many of the people who have read this thread have carried it over with friends and colleagues? 

Job done! 

For the record, I would rather Škoda spent the 'brand ambassadors' money on reacquainting SUK and dealership staff on the attributes they were once famous for, before the Sales Are Everything mantra became all consuming. 

Edited by Guest

She looks like she signed up to a campaign for VAG having read through the list of car marques they own, and walked out the door expecting a Bentley and found a skud instead. its a face of disgusted disappointment :D

On the "her" topic, i have no real opinion on her music, the young folk (target audience) like it and shes been deemed good enough to get a label on board and radio air time.

On 09/02/2018 at 16:20, KenONeill said:

@Wino - That's your opinion: I don't find her aurally (a bit of an issue for someone who calls themself a singer that), intellectually or physically attractive.

Aural - Ability to hear well.

Audial - Perceived through one's hearing.

Oral - Spoken.

Vocal - Relating to the human voice, singing.

Etymology - A cunning linguist. :p

16 minutes ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Aural - Ability to hear well.

Audial - Perceived through one's hearing.

Oral - Spoken.

Vocal - Relating to the human voice, singing.

Etymology - A cunning linguist. :p

I can't edit that now; still the point that I don't like her singing voice comes over yes?

55 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Well, the campaign is working already - look at this discussion :D

Is it?

I still don't know who she is, still haven't listened to one of her songs, and cannot even remember why she's with Škoda or what she's/they're doing or looking to achieve with whatever this is supposed to be advertising......

In fact, let's go read that link again....

OK, young people taking charge of their futures... alongside the Princes Trust..... Paloma is lovely and wonderful and will really engage the young people (because she's not exactly old enough to drive, from the looks of her) ......

Nope, still no idea what this is all about.

Guess I'm not hip wit da yoot any more.....

1 hour ago, Ttaskmaster said:

Is it?

I still don't know who she is, still haven't listened to one of her songs, and cannot even remember why she's with Škoda or what she's/they're doing or looking to achieve with whatever this is supposed to be advertising......

In fact, let's go read that link again....

OK, young people taking charge of their futures... alongside the Princes Trust..... Paloma is lovely and wonderful and will really engage the young people (because she's not exactly old enough to drive, from the looks of her) ......

Nope, still no idea what this is all about.

Guess I'm not hip wit da yoot any more.....

Apparently she's 36, so not that yoof either!