Fabia Rear Door Corrosion

I noticed there is corrosion on both of my rear doors in the same spot - just under the bottom window seal next to the drivers door. (Image attached) Is the a common fault and is this worth a claim against the 12 year anti-corrosion warranty? I also have fairly bad corrosion of the tailgate around the reg lights spreading up and inside the tailgate behind the interior trim.

IMG_20180520_162615_1.jpg

Becoming more common on the doors now of some Mk2 Fabia.

As to the rear hatch corrosion look down this or the last few pages for a recent post with links to past posts, the hatch corrosion has been common for several years.

The Corrosion Warranty really does not cover it as the panel has no hole,  and the paint warranty does not as expired according to Skoda, 

but they still need to get it inspected get a report and commonly get it sorted, as an issue they know about.

On 20/05/2018 at 18:28, Offski said:

Becoming more common on the doors now of some Mk2 Fabia.

As to the rear hatch corrosion look down this or the last few pages for a recent post with links to past posts, the hatch corrosion has been common for several years.

The Corrosion Warranty really does not cover it as the panel has no hole,  and the paint warranty does not as expired according to Skoda, 

but they still need to get it inspected get a report and commonly get it sorted, as an issue they know about.

Do you think it's worth submitting a warranty claim with the hope of getting this repaired?

I'm really quite disappointed with the bodywork. The tailgate is really quite bad so will need replacing tbh. I had hoped to keep the car a long time so perhaps it's worth looking at fixing myself. 

Yes.

Ask at a main dealership for them to arrange an inspection by a qualified person. Not their qualified person, the Warranty Manager can arrange who ever and a report.

They can use whoever they want to take the photos for Skoda UK 

but do not take their word on it not being covered.

They are not paying, and they do not have the rusting car.

hi, just to add my mothers car has rust in the exact same place just coming from under the scraper moulding, and on the tailgate by the number plate lamps, i assumed at first it had a poor repair done previously,  i haven't got the service history to hand, did the car have to have annual body inspections to have any chance of the rust being repaired.

thanks in advance.

When there were Service Manuals and 6 or 7 year old cars might have them there was a page after every annual service page for the Body Inspection, 

and normally that was done, or should have been, or at every 2 years when they called the Major Service an Inspection Service.

But Main Dealers never always had staff do that, so Skoda UK can not say not carried out, because if in for servicing their Franchised Dealers were not ensuring done.

Then the did away with Service Books, it should still have a Body Inspection though. 

The car should be clean, oddly the Wash & Vacuum is done after the service often, not before.

Anyway, Skoda still shows as a Body and glass check as being done, so tell them that, and ask if Tommy is in charge of body inspections.

Dim as well as Deaf, Dumb and Blind kids.  Like those that put metal screws to hold registration plates.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed 

I bought the car a year ago, it's 2008MY. It had full Skoda history and one owner, I now do all maintenance myself so I promptly destroyed the FSH.

I was under the impression the corrosion warranty didn't rely on FSH, it doesn't seem to mention it as a requirement?

Adding to this, I was replacing my rear shocks and bump stops when I found this in the strut top mount bracket... Not a great place for rust to be starting, seems this problem was carried over from the MK1 Fabia. 

IMG_20180528_102849.jpg

i did have my mothers car on the ramp and cant say i noticed any rust starting on the upper shock mountings i will have to have another look, i haven't had chance to check the service book yet, but from memory it was skoda serviced except for a couple of additional services due to the mileage the car covered, i will update later.