WLTP, one week to go and still nothing

xman

There are Skoda with WLTP Type Approval.  Maybe just Skoda are not telling you.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/451121-euro-6d-temp 

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

Then there are cars built before 1st June 2018 tested under the old system that will be first registered after August under the Derogation Rule.

Edited by Offski

5 minutes ago, Offski said:

There are Skoda with WLTP Type Approval.  Maybe just Skoda are not telling you.

Great way to do business.

Maybe dealers will also avoid telling customers that the new car they are buying is not WLTP compliant and still quote (illegally) old NEDC figures.

Will be interesting to see what happens...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Offski said:

That will be illegal though.

Never stopped a salesman before. And who would know? Most of the Public and Pilotguy haven't a clue and I'm pretty sure itwill be easy enough to pull the wool over the eyes of whoever might or might not audit UK sales WLTP rule conformity.

"I couldn't possibly comment, minister" comes to mind.

Edited by xman
  • Like 2

Salespeople are in the main clueless about it all, or pretending to be.

The sh!t hits the fan soon, or should do.

Chris Grayling MP & Michael Gove MP are not going to get away with being Deaf, Dumb & Blind on this, 

and the SMMT CEO might as well be there sticking up for the Consumer this time and not just the Motor Manufacturers and Dealers / Traders.

Autocar, What Car, Pistonheads, Autoexpress etc and Motoring Journalists need to be saying a bit more and telling the story of the whole carry on.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 3

So I did a bit of digging on today's state of play. One of the few WLTP approved models available today from VW is the Passat Estate (but strangely not the saloon) only with the 2.0 TDI SCR 150ps engine.

Listed in the price brochure as 2019 models, the CO2 figure went up from 112g to 114g. The fuel consumption however figures stayed exactly the same as the old.

Why? The small print refers to the quoted consumption figures as NEDC (with usual disclaimers).

A clearer answer comes in the doc

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp

We currently anticipate that taxation, registration and fleet emission targets may continue to based on NEDC values until 2020/2021. Until that changes, and as there will be a mix of NEDC type approved and WLTP type approved vehicles in the market, consumers need a method facilitating direct comparison between different models and different manufacturers. In line with Government guidance, NEDC figures will therefore continue to be stated, even for WLTP type approved vehicles and, where necessary, these figures will be derived from the WLTP data using an industry standard conversion procedure developed by the European Union, CO2MPAS. These derived values are known by various terms: "NEDC derived", "NEDC equivalent" or "NEDC correlated".

In the case of the Passat they are still using the old NEDC figures despite claiming WLTP compliance, and not NEDC derived etc.

If that's not lying......

• Like 1

Salespersons are just that. Pushing tin today and possibly carpet tomorrow. 

If you want serious technical information go to the service division and just hope they know what they’re talking about.

Don’t forget GPFs are on the way and that won’t be on the ‘features’ list.

• Like 1

It is on the Fabia mk3 spec for the face lift models that are in the showrooms in September.  Ask a sales executive about the GPF and they look like you as if you are stupid.  Mention BRISKODA and they are like,  'here we go again'   some smart arse reads a forum!.

Fabia figures are now out!

https://m.skoda.co.uk/fabia-dbsd/range/

(Click on pricing and specs for appropriate Model)

These vehicles are WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light-Duty Vehicles Test Procedure) type approved vehicles. More information is available at WLTP Info. However, in line with Government guidance, to facilitate comparison between different models from different manufacturers and to accommodate the full transition to this new testing regime, we have displayed NEDC figures. These NEDC figures are the values for this vehicle used in registration and taxation documentation until further notice from the UK authorities. These NEDC figures have been derived from WLTP testing, and may not be equivalent to NEDC figures from NEDC testing, so comparisons may be unreliable. Fuel consumption and efficiency figures are provided for comparative purposes only and may not reflect ‘real world’ driving results. 

Edited by xman

6 minutes ago, xman said:

Fabia figures are now out!

https://m.skoda.co.uk/fabia-dbsd/range/

These vehicles are WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light-Duty Vehicles Test Procedure) type approved vehicles. More information is available at WLTP Info. However, in line with Government guidance, to facilitate comparison between different models from different manufacturers and to accommodate the full transition to this new testing regime, we have displayed NEDC figures. These NEDC figures are the values for this vehicle used in registration and taxation documentation until further notice from the UK authorities. These NEDC figures have been derived from WLTP testing, and may not be equivalent to NEDC figures from NEDC testing, so comparisons may be unreliable. Fuel consumption and efficiency figures are provided for comparative purposes only and may not reflect ‘real world’ driving results. 

Cannot see any diesel emission specs so are they only selling petrol ones for now?

9 minutes ago, xman said:

Skoda already stated that there will be no diesels in Fabia from now on.

Bloody hell. Fantastic.

Blow for Europeans where diesel fuel is much cheaper and diesels make more economic sense.

^^^ VW Group dropped the Euro 6 1.4TDI 3 cylinder in any model.

But then oddly this engine that was having overheating and water pump failures supposedly had 'the wrong coolant', and so there were owners being told by phone call or when the car was at a dealership that their car was 'recalled' when it was a phone call informing some of a 'service campaign', and there is and was no 'recall',  maybe a recall action.

(How can VW Group after decades of using Coolants in engines source and fill with the wrong stuff, or was it really 'the wrong water pump', or wrong suppliers?)

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Anyone with a Euro 6 Skoda with a 1.4 TDI 3 cylinder should maybe check if they have never been told of the 'Recall'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/426322-recall-on-diesel-cooling-issue 

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, xman said:

Perhaps I spoke too soon! The only model I can find with WLTP approval is the 1.0 mpi 75ps S trim fabia.

Never mind, I'm sure that model will meet the requirements of most Briskoda members! :mmm:

You have to in to the Fabia manual downloading to get all of the model (ie the petrol variants) together.

After the 100k miles I did in my Fabia 2 VRS and whilst the Fabia 3 did get car of the year in some circles the combination of no "well powered" versions and silly high prices meant they were not for me.

If I recall my Fabia 2 VRS was about £15k after the £2k discounts they were giving, quite cheap for a 7s to 60 car though the 140 seemed to be very hard to achieve as it would get to 125/130 and then accelerate very slowly due to the poor aero of the Fabia. 

Times are a changing and this is hopefully going to be very good for urban air quality in conjunction with effectively restricting Euro5 diesel from cities by way of punitive fines/tolls.  

Edited by lol-lol

9 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Times are a changing and this is hopefully going to be very good for urban air quality in conjunction with effectively restricting Euro5 diesel from cities by way of punitive fines/tolls.  

As long as we don't care about the environmental impact of the likely write off of thousands of usable vehicles due to this.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chimaera said:

As long as we don't care about the environmental impact of the likely write off of thousands of usable vehicles due to this.

As long as these dirty diesel do not enter urban areas there is no problem with them still being in the UK.  

If not kept on the roads in non urban areas they can be exported to other countries like much of the UK's waste which can be reused or recycled.

Edited by lol-lol

6 hours ago, Offski said:

^^^ VW Group dropped the Euro 6 1.4TDI 3 cylinder in any model.

But then oddly this engine that was having overheating and water pump failures supposedly had 'the wrong coolant', and so there were owners being told by phone call or when the car was at a dealership that their car was 'recalled' when it was a phone call informing some of a 'service campaign', and there is and was no 'recall',  maybe a recall action.

(How can VW Group after decades of using Coolants in engines source and fill with the wrong stuff, or was it really 'the wrong water pump', or wrong suppliers?)

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Anyone with a Euro 6 Skoda with a 1.4 TDI 3 cylinder should maybe check if they have never been told of the 'Recall'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/426322-recall-on-diesel-cooling-issue 

Tried one once.. Tried to pull off in first gear, felt like it was third gear judging by the available power/torque, tried to re-find first and that was apparently first.  Not much loss to the world of motoring, even the 1.6D seems to feel like a semi-petrol engine with its characteristics of needing to be revved.  Last good eco and performing 3/4 cylinder VW diesel was the 1.9D then they just lost their way and got found out for all their cheating and the rest is now being consigned to corporate mis-management history.      

• Like 2

On 25/08/2018 at 15:50, Offski said:

and the SMMT CEO might as well be there sticking up for the Consumer this time and not just the Motor Manufacturers and Dealers / Traders.

That would be a first.

• Like 2

On 27/08/2018 at 11:18, xman said:

Perhaps I spoke too soon! The only model I can find with WLTP approval is the 1.0 mpi 75ps S trim fabia.

Never mind, I'm sure that model will meet the requirements of most Briskoda members! :mmm:

I see that VW are doing Polo diesels but only in the sub 100 hp version and of course one is still paying a grand or so in car tax over 7 years even for a 99 gram per kilometer co2 output! Nightmare! 

Edited by lol-lol