Help a new 2011 vrs owner

GT0161

Hi everybody, 

i looked on the site and read numurous things i would be greatful if somebody could answer a me a few questions? 

I have recently purchased a 2011 vrs fabia it has the cave engine. 

Iv checked the sloda website and there are no recalls.   But read about a dsg service thing? 

So anyway i have a couple of slight issues. 

My car from new has only had oul changes? Its currently at 37,995miles but has had a oil service 400 miles ago? 

When is the major service due ? 

I think i need new spark plugs as it idles a little rough like a mild misfire when cold, sometimes the recs fluctuate up and down when at traffic lights etc? 

Could anybody recommend a decent set of plugs please? I read denso iridium on here but im still unsure of the exact ones  this is my first car im a biker and not mechanically gifted at all on cars

in looking at getting a cat back exhaust will this be safe? Also is an induction lit worth it? 

Has anybody removed the aound protection off the supercharger?  

all help and feedback is much appreciated i look forward to your replys   

Gt

If your plugs are fubar'd then that could explain the rubbish MPG......this I would advise is sorted first.

If you dont know if the filter has been changed, then do that to.

20181205_172609.thumb.jpg.b401e23b2c5c8a9b1faef249dedbe288.jpg

Or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361537778564?ul_noapp=true

Edited by UrbanPanzer
  • Like 2

Welcome.

Forget the term Major Service.

Just do not use Long Life oil, if that is in then next time get 5w 40 FS to VW502 00 in.

Use Super Unleaded, so Tesco Momentum 99,  Costco 99, or if you must Shell V-Power Nitro +.

Or Super Unleaded 97, BP, Esso, Sainsbury. etc.

DENSO Plugs, Clean New Air Filters, Brake Servicing / Brake Fluid Change etc as required.

Check if '34F7' was done on the DSG or outstanding.

Leave changing the exhaust or removing the Supercharger Insulation until you know the car is good.

You might need the Water Pump changed soon if not already done.

PS

If your fuel consumption is that poor and you are driving normally and for over 20 miles on journeys your car needs Serviced as in Spark Plugs, 

Air Filter, maybe coils or just a coil,  tyre pressures checked, or brakes serviced if binding.

If you are booting it everyplace or doing cold starts and short trips then not so bad but still needs serviced properly, and the Maxi Dot set and a brim to brim check with 99 ron petrol.

8 hours ago, Skoffski said:

PS

If your fuel consumption is that poor and you are driving normally and for over 20 miles on journeys your car needs Serviced as in Spark Plugs, 

Air Filter, maybe coils or just a coil,  tyre pressures checked, or brakes serviced if binding.

If you are booting it everyplace or doing cold starts and short trips then not so bad but still needs serviced properly, and the Maxi Dot set and a brim to brim check with 99 ron petrol.

Awesome thank you mat i justask what is the maxi dot is it the tyre pressure setting switch? Will check with skoda customer services regarding the dsg service. 

Regards

GT

TPMS beside Parking Brake, you just set your tyre pressures.  The ignition on and hold the TPMS button and reset.

Maxidot,  Average, Reset etc is on the end of Wiper Stalk and reset button on bottom of stalk.

As to the Supercharger Insulation, there are threads on here on that and in Fabia Guides.

As there is on removing rear ballast weights.

DSG Service Campaign.

Check if there is a sticker in the boot with '34F7',  or a Dealer or Skoda UK can tell you.

Check if any outstanding 'Service Campaign recalls' like Heated Seat Switch.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/444027-201718-dq200-dsg-34f7-service-campaign-and-further-issues

maxresdefault.jpg.54dbc8ca2d75c4a743d2d071518b2119.jpg

post-86161-0-27019100-1478345002.jpg

post-86161-0-37548100-1478344981.jpg

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Skoffski said:

TPMS beside Parking Brake, you just set your tyre pressures.  The ignition on and hold the TPMS button and reset.

Maxidot,  Average, Reset etc is on the end of Wiper Stalk and reset button on bottom of stalk.

As to the Supercharger Insulation, there are threads on here on that and in Fabia Guides.

DSG Service Campaign.

Check if there is a sticker in the boot with '34F7',  or a Dealer or Skoda UK can tell you.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/444027-201718-dq200-dsg-34f7-service-campaign-and-further-issues

Thank you skoffski managed to reset and see how it goes my spark plugs on the way and going to order a fuel filter anyway for peace of mind. 

Regarding the boot stickers mine has two i have  attached an image below

regards

GT  

C48B0AD1-98B6-4CC8-A98D-4CD7BE6BFA83.jpeg

7 hours ago, Skoffski said:

DSG Service Campaign.

Has your car got an eco map 62mpg is wicked compared to my 25mpg lol 

lol.

Stage 1&

running in limp mode with the Turbo disabled because it needed a water pump and supercharger magnetic clutch.

But 37-42 mpg as an average from a tank is easily done, and with plenty of Average Speed camera miles over 53 miles from a gallon of 99 ron.

60 + achievable through 50mph average speed cameras with a bit of drafting a nice lorry or bus.

27 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

lol.

Stage 1&

running in limp mode with the Turbo disabled because it needed a water pump and supercharger magnetic clutch.

But 37-42 mpg as an average from a tank is easily done, and with plenty of Average Speed camera miles over 53 miles from a gallon of 99 ron.

60 + achievable through 50mph average speed cameras with a bit of drafting a nice lorry or bus.

Understood. Lol whats needed for a stage 1? Is it expensive? 

Also iv got two stickers in my boot one is the dsg one you mentioned but no idea on the second 

7B7CE607-0FD4-4A8E-A73F-29D2AF1100C4.jpeg

Stage 1.

Go to a APR Dealer, or any one with a good reputation, job done at the price on offer, it is just software / engine management and will give over 200ps.

(Stay well away from REVO Dealers with a 1.4 TSI Twincharger.)

Better Engine Management than Skoda installed to a CAVE at the factory or at Updates like when the Beater Mod gets done or New Oil Spray jets.

http://goapr.co.uk

11 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

PS

Sorry i do not know the 2nd service campaign number, it could be the Wiring Loom or the Heated Seat Element and Switch. 

Thanks again the second is in fact the heated seats 74c7 

guessing mines not an oil burner then as im sure there would be more stickers present?

going to look into the link to goPr

regards

GT

1 hour ago, Skoffski said:

There are no Oil Burning Stickers.  No Service Campaigns on that.

You check the Service & Warranty History with Skoda UK or a Dealership to know if a Breather Mod & Software Update done, New Oil Spray Jets & a software update, 

or even a new engine fitted.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Cheers going to get in touch with skoda and check,

In fact im going to my nearest dealership. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2019 at 16:55, Skoffski said:

There are no Oil Burning Stickers.  No Service Campaigns on that.

You check the Service & Warranty History with Skoda UK or a Dealership to know if a Breather Mod & Software Update done, New Oil Spray Jets & a software update, 

or even a new engine fitted.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Hi mate i cant seem to find the post regarding removing the supercharger aound deadner  do you have a link please? 

• Like 1

Bumped thread for you.

Any other stuff, rear weight, Forge BOV (crap), Induction kits, Air Filters, Brakes, changes to XDS / Brake Assist / Steering Assist is in Fabia Guide sections 

or threads in this section. Since 2010 it has all been covered by some member.

• 3 weeks later...

Similar mileage to my Ibiza cupra 6j 1.4 TSi twincharger.  I also had what felt like a slight misfire at idle.  Changed plugs and coil packs and it was still the same.  Then I have just replaced the coolant temp sensor (Ibiza Cupra does not have a temp gauge) our engines have two sensors, I replaced the one in the block.  Its really easy to change 5 min job and it has improved my idle considerably.  I also gave the entire engine loom a good spray with silicone spray at the same time so not sure which one of these made the difference.  Our engines do not like too much moisture I have noticed.  I am more active on the Seat forums lately but still chime in to see whats happening with Mk2 vrs's.

Refill the oil with 5W-40 it seems to have cured my engines thirst for oil.  Do the plugs and coil packs though and see it it helps.

hwl4xg.jpg

2cpf52f.jpg

Edited by RAPTURE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RAPTURE said:

Similar mileage to my Ibiza cupra 6j 1.4 TSi twincharger.  I also had what felt like a slight misfire at idle.  Changed plugs and coil packs and it was still the same.  Then I have just replaced the coolant temp sensor (Ibiza Cupra does not have a temp gauge) our engines have two sensors, I replaced the one in the block.  Its really easy to change 5 min job and it has improved my idle considerably.  I also gave the entire engine loom a good spray with silicone spray at the same time so not sure which one of these made the difference.  Our engines do not like too much moisture I have noticed.  I am more active on the Seat forums lately but still chime in to see whats happening with Mk2 vrs's.

Refill the oil with 5W-40 it seems to have cured my engines thirst for oil.  Do the plugs and coil packs though and see it it helps.

hwl4xg.jpg

2cpf52f.jpg

Iv topped it back up with 5/40 hoping it cures but i highly doubt it mine wngine is totally stock and never had any wirk done regarding the oil consumption maybe previous owners never realised. It has done very low miles each year. 

1 hour ago, Skoffski said:

@GT0161

So how many miles now since that oil change was done, and was it 5w30 FS Long Life that was used then?

?

Who did the Oil service, and is it a Silver VW/Audi Oil filter fitted or something else?

Is that what you have been topping it up with since, or has it had no top ups?

It has had oil service at independent garage 

the past 4 services 

i presume they will of gone off the manual or recommendation to which oil to use so was probably long life 30’s. 

I purchased the car on the 5th of jan it had just had a fresh oil service, i have done approximately 11-1300 miles with no topping up i have 

check today not registering on dip stick i have added 1 litre of 5/40 which you recommend. It is now at the top of the hatched markings on the dip stick. 

Iv got 18mth of finance left to pay on this vehicle otherwise i would sell it now but cery unlikely to get anywhere near what i paid. Im literally so annoyed as i love the car. 

i have attatched a photo of oil filter 

A3B0DE74-29CF-406F-8D88-121347FC21A7.jpeg

Edited by GT0161

??

So have you had no Yellow Oil Can light or Low Oil Warning, & no Red Oil Can light or Low Oil Pressure Warning?

?

Why did you never dip the oil before now after having posted here about remapping etc and knowing the potential issues?

I always fitted a Mahle Oil Filter,  an OC295.

5w 40 FS oil to the top of the cross hatch area, just above when dipped cold, and then took oil burners for a long slow warm up then thrashed them for a good while.   That was after new spark plugs fitted and with 99 octane fuel.

It was amazing how many cars that had previously been oil users are not when they get a good Italian Tune up.

Problem is when they are a gubbed engine, but even then they can last a long time. 

Never assume what others use to do Oil & Filter changes, if you do not see what is used you might be very wrong.

Twincharger Discs%2c Pads%2c Filter%2c Oil 015.JPG

Edited by Skoffski