Another DSG recall today (sorry if already posted)

I had a quick look, but I didn't see that this had already been posted. VW, Audi and Skoda to recall thousands of cars for issue with DSG. I don't know if its only Australia as the article mentions Australia, but its in the Express and it would be odd to cover it otherwise...

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1190969/Volkswagen-Audi-Skoda-recall-news-affected-model-list-news

Nick

Edited by NikTheGeek

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/473186-another-dsg-recall

Called for what looks the the issue that was there and required Service Campaign '34H5' to be started in 2017 on some DQ200 DSG's from 2013-2015.

?

Has your car required that and had it done?

re '34H5'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/425424-2017-another-dq200-7-speed-dsg-service-campaign

Edited by Roottootemoot

Volkswagen, Audi & Skoda recall: Thousands of cars suddenly lose power in dangerous fault

VOLKSWAGEN, Audi & Skoda are subject to an urgent recall, with 80,000 cars affected. The models have a potentially very dangerous flaw that sees them suddenly lose power. Check if your model is affected here.

PUBLISHED: 05:38, Wed, Oct 16, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:41, Wed, Oct 16, 2019
  facebook.png  
  twitter.png  
  linkedin.png  
  gplus.png  
  pinterest.png  
  email.png  
comment.png

Volkswagen unveils new Passat for 2019

Volkswagen, Audi & Skoda vehicles built between 2008 and 2019 have been recalled. Close to 62,000 Volkswagen Golf, Beetle, Polo, Jetta, Passat and Caddy models are affected, as well as 4,500 Skoda Fabia, Rapid, Octavia, Yeti and Superb. The recall is also affecting 14,000 Audi A1 (2011 to 2016 models), Audi A3 (2008 to 2016 models) and Audi TT (2012 to 2016 models). According to Volkswagen Australia, dual-clutch transmissions marketed as “DSG” could suffer an nterruption of power”.While we know 23,000 vehicles may have this incorrectly manufactured component, we cannot be certain of identifying these by Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) alone

Jason Bradshaw, Volkswagen Australia

The dangerous fault was due to incorrect manufacturing which could result in a loss of oil pressure in the hydraulic system of the gearbox followed by an interruption of power, Volkswagen Australia said.

This could see the vehicle go into “limp” mode, with the car unable to be restarted after being turned off unless looked at by a qualified Volkswagen technician.

Volkswagen said around 23,000 cars may be affected by the problem, but the manufacturer wants to check a further 40,000 cars to be safe.

Volkswagen Australia executive Jason Bradshaw said vehicles need to be physically examined to determine whether they are faulty or not.

He explained: “While we know 23,000 vehicles may have this incorrectly manufactured component, we cannot be certain of identifying these by Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) alone.

“We want to physically examine them and those [additional vehicles] with a potentially faulty component can have it replaced."

It is not clear if only Australian cars are affected. Express.co.uk have contacted Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda for comment.

Those with affected vehicles will be invited to bring their cars in for repair work free of charge in the coming weeks.

While car recalls are rare, they are not entirely unheard of.

Edited by peter3197

6 hours ago, TDIum said:

I tried looking at that Express article and was immediately assaulted by advertising and cookie warnings, so I didn't bother. 

Off topic warning!!

If you have a bit of technical know-how and a Raspberry Pi 2 or newer (the two go hand in hand really), look up Pi-Hole and never have an advert or tracker on your entire home network ever again. It really speeds up browsing too! :)

image.thumb.png.5cb82d144cbcbc97ea0843ec36e42a06.png

This week I've driven a Mini and a Peugeot with the Aisin 8 speed torque converter auto for transverse engines.

My current commuter has the ZF8HP torque converter gearbox for longitudinal engines which is without doubt the best auto gearbox on sale and is now being used more and more by Audi.

Having owned five DQ200 7 speed dry clutch, two DQ250 6 speed wet clutch and a DL501 7 speed wet clutch Dual Clutch boxes I believe current conventional automatic tech has moved passed that of DSG and give smoother changes, smoother low speed maneuverability and most importantly improves reliability.

Some manufacturers are now moving away from dual clutch boxes but I  think for VAG it's too late, it wold be too costly.  I think VAG will continue with DSG until EV takes over and they are no longer needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, logiclee said:

This week I've driven a Mini and a Peugeot with the Aisin 8 speed torque converter auto for transverse engines.

My current commuter has the ZF8HP torque converter gearbox for longitudinal engines which is without doubt the best auto gearbox on sale and is now being used more and more by Audi.

Having owned five DQ200 7 speed dry clutch, two DQ250 6 speed wet clutch and a DL501 7 speed wet clutch Dual Clutch boxes I believe current conventional automatic tech has moved passed that of DSG and give smoother changes, smoother low speed maneuverability and most importantly improves reliability.

Some manufacturers are now moving away from dual clutch boxes but I  think for VAG it's too late, it wold be too costly.  I think VAG will continue with DSG until EV takes over and they are no longer needed.

Just doing a bit of research and it appears VW uses the Aisin 8 speed gearbox in some of it's US models where they do not like and have lost trust in DSG.

So it would be easy to use the box in current VAG models but that would obviously cause issues with the plants that build DSG boxes.

On 15/10/2019 at 18:47, NikTheGeek said:

I had a quick look, but I didn't see that this had already been posted. VW, Audi and Skoda to recall thousands of cars for issue with DSG. I don't know if its only Australia as the article mentions Australia, but its in the Express and it would be odd to cover it otherwise...

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1190969/Volkswagen-Audi-Skoda-recall-news-affected-model-list-news

Nick

Had my 2013 DSG VRS MOTd at a Škoda main dealer on Thursday. They checked for recalls and updates as always and didn’t advise me of any.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm from VAG

Are UK cars part of the recall?

No. A spokesperson for Volkswagen UK revealed to i that UK-based cars weren't affected by the fault.

"This recall does not affect customers in the United Kingdom," they said. "It applies only to the South-East Asia region which includes Australia."

On 29/11/2019 at 11:38, gonzolagonda said:

Just had a call from Murray Volkswagen in Newton Abbot with the recall for this for my 63 plate Octavia 1.4 DSG, booked in for next week. So it seems they've bitten the bullet and instigated it for the UK.

2013 Octavias have had no recalls in the UK. 2014 models have had two - see this:

https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/SKODA/model/OCTAVIA/year/2014/recalls

12 hours ago, FlyingGecko said:

2013 Octavias have had no recalls in the UK. 2014 models have had two - see this:

https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/SKODA/model/OCTAVIA/year/2014/recalls

A 63 plate is most likely a 2014 model (unless the original dealer had it in stock for several months) that recall should apply to gonzolagondas car.

I know, that's why I checked both years. But this recall is nothing to do with the DSG box, the point of the post. So the answer is still there is no UK recall over the DSG gearbox.

The World Wide Recall that excluded Europe / UK which was not in the world, and did not affect us turned out to be affecting some in Europe and resulted in Service Campaign '34 F7', so for 2009-2012 DQ200 DSG's, and some 2013 still got done.

Then the Service Campaign for some from 2013-2015 that never affected DQ200 DSG's in the UK was called in 2017 and did affect some from 2013-2015.

That is '34H5'.

So what Skoda / VW / SEAT / Audi in the UK & Europe tell you can be them not knowing their ar53 from elbow, 

or just putting off.

As to the Asia / Australia crap that gets told by Customer Services / VW Media,  check on '34F5' and see if it applies or not.

It does for some.

Then from 2015 on there are TPI's on Software & Clutch Pack updates for some DQ200 DSG's in Europe / UK.

Just maybe Skoda UK are bothering their backsides about Voluntary Recalls that they should have actually advertised, and would if the DVSA / DfT in the UK never let them off with their 'Skoda Secret Service campaigns'.

*Too many have had costly failures out of Warranty, the Campaign was as a preventative measure because of VW Group failings in Design or Manufacturing.*

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/425424-2017-another-dq200-7-speed-dsg-service-campaign

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

@gonzolagonda

Could you please check when your car is done if it is *EDIT* '34H5' being carried out 2 years late on your DQ200, a software update, or is it a New Service Campaign, and what code it has.

They will ask you to sign allowing them to do the work, 

you can ask them to have the Master Tech sign what they are having done and why and they are taking responsibility on behalf of VW / Skoda and any faults will be down to them.

They do need to tell you what the Service Campaign Field Action is,

it is not covered by Data Protection, it is covered by their Corporate Responsibility to you, you own the car and are responsible for it's maintenance and knowledge of what is done to it, by who, and why.

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

@gonzolagonda

Has your car not crossed the doors of a Skoda Main Dealership since early 2017?

Maybe Skoda / VW Group will start getting a move on with Recall Actions / Service Campaigns and have actual Recalls on what can be Safety Critical issues like 'Loss of Drive' which can happen and has been happening, yet they convinced the DVSA that drivers can 'Coast to a place of safety'.

Try that in an outside lane of a dual carriageway or motorway without touching cloth!

http://car-recalls.eu/make/SKODA

http://gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

Edited by Roottootemoot

To fine tune one of Roottoot's links just for UK cars - 

https://car-recalls.co.uk/

Lots of recalls not on the gov.uk site, Which doesn't seem to show any recalls that your particular car has already had sorted, I think.

BUT whichever car-recalls  link you use, don't click on any big DOWNLOAD parts of the screen.