Yeti commercial

Hoggyf

I know Skoda Ireland produced the Yeti Sherpa which was a commercial version with now back seats etc, one of those would suit me and my business fine so anyone know if it's possibly to convert one to legally be a commercial vehicle in the U.K.? Only other option similar is the freelancer commercial or outlander 4 work but both tend to have mega mileage on them, where as a low mileage Yeti is reasonably priced amd removing the interior shouldn't be complex. 

The rear seats just lift out, job done.

It will not change from the Tax Class it is by removing the rear seats and seat belts & tint the rear windows.

It will not get tested and changed.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/447834-yeti-used-as-a-van

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/397916-irish-yeti-sherpa-van-150hp-4x4

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/470796-dog-guard-for-sherpa-yeti

I have a Shogun SWB Van. 

Due to its weight i am limited to the NSL's for a Commercial Vehicle.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

My Yeti gets used as a van more often than not.

Rear seats out and MDF platform fitted.

It takes but a few seconds to put the platform in once the seats are out.

Pictures below

2019-04-12 12_1555076144655.22.41.jpg

2019-04-12 12_1555076204264.29.36.jpg

Edited by idleness
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do believe I see a ******....:smile:

*Edit*  Hoggyf that is.  It appears that the rather self-deprecatory term which some members of a certain motorcycle forum of which we're both members use to describe themselves is verboten on here.   :biggrin:

Edited by Schtum

And here is one with the spare wheel.

I have to say 18 months after i did this the MDF is no longer pristine. This and the trailer have paid for themselves over and over again in the 18 months.

2019-04-12 12_1555076175639.28.23.jpg

23 minutes ago, Schtum said:

I do believe I see a ******....:smile:

*Edit*  Hoggyf that is.  It appears that the rather self-deprecatory term which some members of a certain motorcycle forum of which we're both members use to describe themselves is verboten on here.   :biggrin:

Yes it's the same t****r as on the bike forums lmao

getting back to the Yeti, it's the taxation class I wanted to be able to change so it's a commercial vehicle and not eligible for company car tax ideally, didn't think it would be possible but worth an ask. 

11 minutes ago, Hoggyf said:

Yes it's the same t****r as on the bike forums lmao

getting back to the Yeti, it's the taxation class I wanted to be able to change so it's a commercial vehicle and not eligible for company car tax ideally, didn't think it would be possible but worth an ask. 

It was likely that you were one and the same, especially since you're in Cumbria.

There are a few Sherpas for sale in Eire.   https://cars.trovit.ie/used-cars/skoda-yeti-sherpa

@Hoggyf  You can not change the taxation class by removing rear seats and having no rear side windows. 

You could change it to Disabled if you were in receipt of PIP

?

What would the saving be, and what Yeti do you want anyway, is it a TDI 4x4?

Edited by e-Roottoot

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

@Hoggyf  You can not change the taxation class by removing rear seats and having no rear side windows. 

You could change it to Disabled if you were in receipt of PIP

?

What would the saving be, and what Yeti do you want anyway, is it a TDI 4x4?

Yes Tdi 4x4,  I've got an Octavia vrs4x4 at present which is for sale as it's too good to use for work, van would be more use to me plus my business can pay for it and for the running costs etc, plus I've always liked yetis, that's what I was gonna buy before the Vrs, but was seduced by the big wheels and spoilers but the reality is it's sitting there only going out on a Sunday And whilst the Vrs is fun I rarely drive it quickly, just potter round 

6 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Your work can pay for a Car / Yeti or an Estate car for work while still classed as a car and insured for Business Use.

It would be a passenger vehicle at the time of purchase.

How does that work, I take its  that it's just purely for business use? Otherwise company car tax would take over? 

On 21/10/2020 at 21:48, Kenny R said:

How about one of these...

C7B426D4-0CDF-44E2-B345-55E0C9D40017.jpeg

I read about this, seems there is an emissions loophole that allows the commercial version, but not the car version (with exactly the same engine and running gear).   

No idea why the legislation allows this, but probably like Ireland’s tax anomaly, was because to different set of rules badly met in the middle 

The last generation of Jimny was sold as a commercial in Ireland and with a 1.5 Diesel engine.

This time with the Commercial coming to the UK it is because they will not count in Suzuki's Average Co2 g/km in the EU that is for the 'Passenger vehicles'.

The emissions of the new Automatic Jimny 4 seater are ridiculous.

But then over the 17 years i had Jimny Automatics the VED was high, but then fuel consumption was high even as standard, and if you lifted them and put the tyres needed for offroad getting mid 20's MPG on road was rare.