Monte Carlo Ordered - could cancel

Ive just ordered a Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2tsi for the wife.

I've specced it up to the nuts because i want it to something she'll still enjoy being in (and i will too) in many years time.

Options are:

Amundsen sat-nav

Climate

Cruise

Rear electric windows

Bluetooth

Front armrest

Storage boxes (both seats)

Space saver

Mats

Red cloth (no cost)

So were spending decent money... the deal theyve given us isnt anything startling, pretty much standard vat off (nowt for free)

We've signed on the dotted line, paid a depsoit and the dealer has come back to say "he's been talking to the dealership boss who's heard that the sat-navs are being withdrawn from new orders due to a lack of electronic parts from Japan".

He's guiding us toward removing the nav from the spec which i really dont want to do. If i could find any info on this id accept it but the truth is ive been trawling the net for this for days and still cant find any info.

Is this legit or am i better off cancelling and ordering through a dealer who wants to offer us the spec we want.

I was really impressed with the salesman to start off with, very attentive, very entusiastic and knowledgeable... i cant help but think now weve paid a deposit its all a bit dismissive.

My wife originally posted this same query but did it in the introduce yourself section so although she got plenty of 'welcomes' there wasnt much in the way of info.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard about satnav's being in short supply, the satnav has now been updated amunsen plus so this may be an issue tell him that you will cancel if you don't get the spec you want and also go round other dealers , saying that though you can get the nav retro fitted but don't think it would work with the maxi-dot system as it won't be factory fitted? Hold out and don't panic

There is another poster who has said something about Japan causing problems with satnav's.

I'd just buy a tom-tom anyway!

No it's better than a tom Tom , it works in conjunction with maxi dot and reversing camera is amazing get the nav it's been updated for 7digits and loads more !

Get a discount and retrofit the higher spec columbus unit?

They reckon its affecting the columbus too.

They say theyre only making something ridiculous like £57 out of the deal so they cant move on price!

I wouldnt mind, im not in the slightest bit gullible but were were going to go with this particular dealer because they were virtually on our doorstep. It was a convenience thing more than anything. Im just a bit wary of being spun a yarn. I dont take to it kindly and would walk if this was the case.

Ive just tried phoning SKODA directly... bloody royal wedding means no bank holiday service.

Edited by freezin

They say theyre only making something ridiculous like £57 out of the deal so they cant move on price!

I wouldnt mind, im not in the slightest bit gullible but were were going to go with this particular dealer because they were virtually on our doorstep. It was a convenience thing more than anything. Im just a bit wary of being spun a yarn. I dont take to it kindly and would walk if this was the case.

Ive just tried phoning SKODA directly... bloody royal wedding means no bank holiday service.

Ive just phoned a different branch from the same dealership... guess what, as far as they are concerned there is no problem with sourcing the SAT NAV.

What is going on??

Ive just phoned a different branch from the same dealership... guess what, as far as they are concerned there is no problem with sourcing the SAT NAV.

What is going on??

Stick to your guns......wait till tuesday and phone Skoda UK....sounds like that branch is trying to make a bit of money....or maybe they have one in stock to that spec that they are trying to flog!! Eg customer order that turned up without the satnav and has been rejected by customer??? B)

Dont belive what those dealer says, drivethedeal carfile use a dealer in nottinghamshire and i got extra £700 off a Octavia on top of the Vat deal, if you ring carfile they will give you a price and the supplying dealer in nottinghamshire will do the deal at the qouted price, i deal with the same salemans aswell

i know it is a bit more money but the pioneer do one exact fit for skoda/vw

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F9210BT/index.html

Edited by tony2311

Dont belive what those dealer says, drivethedeal carfile use a dealer in nottinghamshire and i got extra £700 off a Octavia on top of the Vat deal, if you ring carfile they will give you a price and the supplying dealer in nottinghamshire will do the deal at the qouted price, i deal with the same salemans aswell

i know it is a bit more money but the pioneer do one exact fit for skoda/vw

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F9210BT/index.html

I too had to travel way outside the county's Borders to find an acceptable deal, and doing this got me an almost £2k discount. Was it worth a 3hour round trip, and £30 of fuel, you do the sums.

That pioneer looks luvly. Have you got one Tony? I would be interested to know how it integrates with reverse sensors, in-built Bluetooth/voice control and MDI?

I too had to travel way outside the county's Borders to find an acceptable deal, and doing this got me an almost £2k discount. Was it worth a 3hour round trip, and £30 of fuel, you do the sums.

That pioneer looks luvly. Have you got one Tony? I would be interested to know how it integrates with reverse sensors, in-built Bluetooth/voice control and MDI?

i havnt got my car yet (due week 28) but this unit looks in pole position when i get the car, as the unit comes with bluetooth aswell. i got a kenwood dnx5220bt in my merc at the mo and it does everything on the box and rate the unit highly, but the pioneer will make it look factory fit and less tempting for thieves

i havnt got my car yet (due week 28) but this unit looks in pole position when i get the car, as the unit comes with bluetooth aswell. i got a kenwood dnx5220bt in my merc at the mo and it does everything on the box and rate the unit highly, but the pioneer will make it look factory fit and less tempting for thieves

Kenwood do a unit for the 2010 VAG models called DNX520VBT. Just seen it on dispaly at my local dealer whilst looking at the new Monte Carlo. They said a £1000 fitted but you can get them cheaper than this. A colleague had one fitted to his new Caddy van for about £850 I think. :) Looks better than the Pioneer and its Garmin based. I asked if the display would work with the parking sensors fitted to my Elegance but they didn't know.

Kenwood do a unit for the 2010 VAG models called DNX520VBT. Just seen it on dispaly at my local dealer whilst looking at the new Monte Carlo. They said a £1000 fitted but you can get them cheaper than this. A colleague had one fitted to his new Caddy van for about £850 I think. :) Looks better than the Pioneer and its Garmin based. I asked if the display would work with the parking sensors fitted to my Elegance but they didn't know.

That Kenwood unit also gives you bluetooth I think. :thumbup:

I'd have that or retrofit Columbus. (can get one for £550, not the silly £1400 list price for Yeti/Octavia)

I had it confirmed yesterday by Rainworth that the option to place sat-nav in a new order has been removed from the SKODA ordering system.

Those with Sat-navs specced but not built yet may be a little unlucky. No new orders with navs will be accepted. :(

I believe theres an issue with parking sensors also.

I had it confirmed yesterday by Rainworth that the option to place sat-nav in a new order has been removed from the SKODA ordering system.

Those with Sat-navs specced but not built yet may be a little unlucky. No new orders with navs will be accepted. :(

I believe theres an issue with parking sensors also.

My order was placed about 4 weeks ago with Sat Nav and Rear Parking Sensors and has been accepted by SUK.

Ive just ordered a Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2tsi for the wife.

I've specced it up to the nuts because i want it to something she'll still enjoy being in (and i will too) in many years time.

Options are:

Amundsen sat-nav

Climate

Cruise

Rear electric windows

Bluetooth

Front armrest

Storage boxes (both seats)

Space saver

Mats

Red cloth (no cost)

So were spending decent money... the deal theyve given us isnt anything startling, pretty much standard vat off (nowt for free)

We've signed on the dotted line, paid a depsoit and the dealer has come back to say "he's been talking to the dealership boss who's heard that the sat-navs are being withdrawn from new orders due to a lack of electronic parts from Japan".

He's guiding us toward removing the nav from the spec which i really dont want to do. If i could find any info on this id accept it but the truth is ive been trawling the net for this for days and still cant find any info.

Is this legit or am i better off cancelling and ordering through a dealer who wants to offer us the spec we want.

I was really impressed with the salesman to start off with, very attentive, very entusiastic and knowledgeable... i cant help but think now weve paid a deposit its all a bit dismissive.

My wife originally posted this same query but did it in the introduce yourself section so although she got plenty of 'welcomes' there wasnt much in the way of info.

There is a guy just written in to a French car magazine, his built in sat nav has just failed in his Clio, its going to cost him 1750 euros to repair, not an uncommon problem apparently. Makes a Tom Tom look attractive!

SATNAV IS NOT THE REASON

ORDERDATE 20.10.10 - FABIA COMBI 1.2 TSI DSG WITH SOME EXTRAS BUT NOT SATNAV..

BUILD WEEK 8, THEN 14 AND AFTER THAT NONE BUILDWEEK..

SKODA ****S US IN THE ASS!! THIS IS MY LAST SKODA I WOULD ORDER FROM THEM WHEN THEY ACT LIKE THEY DO! THEY SHULD GET OUT AND TELL US WHAT THE **** THEY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH..

I BELIVE THEY THINK THE CUSTOMERS ARE ****IN STUPID AND DONT CARE..

Would can the Sat Nav and buy a decent TomTom Live. Swing HU is very good and has the same amp so wont sound any different. Regardless of other post made it also works very well with the standard MDI. It's basically the same HU you get as standard on a £23k Passat so i'm sure its more than adequate for a Fabia.