Pic and Info Request

billy2981

Morning all,

Ive gone thru the wheels thread and I most of the pics are not showing up.

I am after pictures of a Fabia vRS (in silver if pos) with the spiders on and std ride hight.

Not interested in lowered cars as they look much better anyway and seen as I wont be lowering the Fabia there is no point.

On the info side,

What difference do they make to the ride? harshness and noise also whats the steering feel like compared to the std wheels?

do they make the car more twitchy and groove steer more?

I am looking to put 205 40 17 tyres on them.

There is not much change in price in 205 40 and 205 45 so seen as I have a set of spiders Ithough I might as well use them as summer wheels IF they are nice and feel like std (ish)

cheers

billy :thumbup:

for 17'' wheels you'd prob better off lowering it, mines on eibach springs (-25mm) and koni fsd's

I found the ride with my spiders more crashy compared to 16s, also they are a pain in the neck to get balanced perfectly. After 90mph i get very slight wheel wobble lol.

IMO this is the best looking and cleanest fabia I've ever saw in my life when were these pike taken ? That fabia is a show winner :0 I don't know what it is it's just sooooo nice look after it who ever owns it lol wow ow wow

The pictures were taken in July 2011, it was detailed after a visit to Santa Pod.

My thread is here if you fancy a short read... ;)

The car is currently in hibernation for winter, undercover and under a soft blanket.

Cheers guys,

is that blue one lowered?

What spacers are you running on the car? are you running the same on the rear or just the front?

I have the LCR brembos on my Octavia vRS but found it very twitchy with just 5mm spacers on the front. was improved when I put 5mm spacers on the rear too but I found I have a wobble over 60 mph. I have some LCR Ronals ne way for that car so not bothered now. I have 2 sets of Spiders too which I am selling one and keeping the other but unsure if they bugger the MPG and drive.

billy

Another quick one, will Polo mk 5 aero wiper arms fit on the Fabia ?

I dont like the std wipers and seen as my Octavia really improved with the addition of the mk4 golf wipers I was thinking the Fabia would bennefit too.

wind noise and less clutter .

I dont like the std wipers and seen as my Octavia really improved with the addition of the mk4 golf wipers I was thinking the Fabia would bennefit too.

A common mod is the Polo 9N/9N3 rear aero wiper - however no need to swap over the arms for the front. You can just get aero wiper blades that go on the existing arms.

Rear polo wiper arm.

IMAG0423.jpg

A common mod is the Polo 9N/9N3 rear aero wiper - however no need to swap over the arms for the front. You can just get aero wiper blades that go on the existing arms.

cheers mate,

I did that on my Octy and TBH it looked S**TE! they were on the car for no more than 30 seconds as from the drivers seat you could still see the arms poking up and it didnt look right. the proper aero wipers are side lock ones so are compact and tucked away, also less wind noise.

cheers

billy

cheers mate,

I did that on my Octy and TBH it looked S**TE! they were on the car for no more than 30 seconds as from the drivers seat you could still see the arms poking up and it didnt look right. the proper aero wipers are side lock ones so are compact and tucked away, also less wind noise.

cheers

billy

Don't have any problems with them.

This is what they look like on mine

blackgrill.jpg

cheers, but why would you want the arms stuck up like normal so you can still see them? when you can have them proper flat and tucked away?

look at the ones on the Octy:

STD:

n713485239_1624348_1872.jpg

Aero:

Cardiff-20111221-00309.jpg

With the std arms and aero blades there is an open space between the arm and blade which imo looks better if its just got the std blades on. With the proper Aero arms and blades the arms are straight and dont have the bend in them. the std arms stand out maybe 2+cm from the screen where the aero arms are compact and are maybe 1cm from the screen IF that makes sence?

Ive got a set of Polo ones coming so Ill clean them up and take a before and after pic fromthe same angles to show what I mean.

Billy :thumbup:

Love the anth wheels too. Might get them done in that or a tad lighter.

Cheers guys,

is that blue one lowered?

What spacers are you running on the car? are you running the same on the rear or just the front?

I have the LCR brembos on my Octavia vRS but found it very twitchy with just 5mm spacers on the front. was improved when I put 5mm spacers on the rear too but I found I have a wobble over 60 mph. I have some LCR Ronals ne way for that car so not bothered now. I have 2 sets of Spiders too which I am selling one and keeping the other but unsure if they bugger the MPG and drive.

billy

It's on KW V3 coils, which are wound right up to give it the stance of an unmodified car. I think it results in a slight drop of maybe 10-20mm, but not much.

I have to run 5mm spacers on the front only, due to the big brembos. I don't run spacers on the rear and would prefer not to run them on the front really. I do get a wobble between 75mph and 85mph only.

My car averages about 50mpg overall, unless I am doing a track day. So I don't think economy is going to change much.

Yes the ride it a little firmer, but then with the V3 suspension you would expect that. I'm not sure what difference the wheels alone would make as they were done at the same time. Even so, it's fine.

Cheers mate,

Sounds like Ill be leaving another set of std 16" rims and just getting a set of Octy spiders refurbed in a nice bright silver of pos light anth or dark silver?

Will be putting the Octy brakes all round on it too as I have them already from my car and one I broke at the beginning of 2011