Rust on panel around fuel filler housing

Trubrit

I have a 2014 Citigo with 20k miles.  I have noticed this week, rust bubbles on the panel around the fuel filler housing.  On taking pictures under the wheel arch, I see rust around the back of the panel around the filler housing.  It appears that the area missed out on sealant in manufacture and the housing simply pushes into the panel.  Water and dirt is then able to find its way behind the housing and creeps under the paint on the raw edge of the hole. This is not really acceptable on a four year old vehicle.  I'm waiting for Pulman VW of Durham to contact me once the warranty guy is back from holiday.  Hopefully this will be covered under the ten year paint warranty.  I have seen other posts where owners are complaing of the same issue.  I will update once I have spoken with the Deslership.

20180613_102619.jpg

Welcome.

Hopefully Skoda will deal with it. 

If the Dealership Warranty Manager is not around there are others that can deal with forwarding the Warranty Claim, 

take the pictures and forward to Skoda UK and start the procedure. 

Skoda UK CS can arrange to have an Inspection & Report done by the Experts they use and not just an Approved Body Shop. 

They have a company they use. Be sure you get a copy of the report.

? 

What 10 year paint warranty though? 

3 Years paint Warranty.    Paint Defects.

10 year 'Anti-perforation warranty.

Peace of mind - ŠKODA.mhtml

Edited by Offski

The anti-perforation warranty should cover it.

Quote: "In addition ŠKODA Auto are pleased to provide an anti-perforation warranty for a minimum of 10 years (please refer to your owners manual for specific details). This offers assurance that any defect in the corrosion protection applied to body panels, that results in perforation corrosion is rectified at no cost."

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  In reference to my comment about the ten year paint warranty...this was the term used by a Pulman Skoda employee.  I will take my car in next week and start the process of claiming under the warranty.  There isnt any actual perforation at the moment but a couple of years left unattended would probably see some perforation on this panel, given that it is directly above the wheel.

• Like 1

They used to say a panel was not holed, and such rubbish. 

Anti-perforation is 'Simply Clever',  catch corrosion before it is so bad a panel needs replaced because rotten with a hole. 

Remember and tell them that, they tend to forget, especially when they have training in sales and reception work and not any technical car trade / body repair qualifications.

We used to say If it is red it is rust if it is not red paint / red oxide primer. 

Good luck.

The warranty guy at Pulman (Chris Wallace - 0191 383 7500) left suddenly a few months ago, it took them a long while to find a replacement.

The replacement (Don Harris) is snowed under. I've left messages, sent emails and phoned reception several times with no response.

Warranty enquiries are only dealt with on set days, and the guy covers several branches.

This thread has reminded me to call again tomorrow.

The Warranty is not with a Dealership or a Dealership group so if they have employment / employee issues and you can not 'Report to an authorised dealership ASAP then you get straight in touch with the Warranty provider Skoda UK and let them get their act together.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

No need for some delays in getting action due to some messing about by a dealership / group. 

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Hi guys.  I contacted Skoda UK by phone as there on line form is defective...thinks they are having data protection issues?  No Dealership in my immediate area can see the car for a inspection of the rust for at least six months!  Bristol Street Motors in Darlington can inspect it on 2nd July.  Looks like this is my only option through a Dealership.  They want £50 to look at it and I can ask for this to be refunded if the claim is successful. I'm not impressed by this at all.  My other options are a £160 fix by a local body shop or trade the car in.  Seriously considering option number two.  I thought the brand had moved on from what it once was.  Maybe I've come to expect better service after being in the USA for twenty years?  Nah, don't think so.  Skoda listen up.  

20180616_080544.jpg

Like their Configurators, their IT, their communications it is all a nonsense, DATA PROTECTION and Contact pages should be changed then.

Best get in writing from them that you have contacted them on a warranty issue, get them to conform that under the Warranty Term and conditions you have reported first to an Official Dealership and then them.

Get them to confirm you have to pay a Dealership to get them to send pictures to Skoda UK.

They can arrange 'Their Inspection', and if you have to then they will be refunding the expense of that.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/446552-2014-first-rust 

New CEO of Skoda UK is Rod McLeod, with VW for decades, VW UK CEO is Paul Willis.    Either can send the new T&C's on Skoda UK Warranties, 

and confirm 'DATA PROTECTION' issues with people / customers contacting by their contact system online, & contact online on Warranty Claims with them.

It is nice to talk, but nice to have stuff in writing, because DATA PROTECTION is for customers protection.

Always record their 'Call Handlers' & Communications Managers, and Handlers, Warranty Managers.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Edited by Offski

On 18/06/2018 at 12:56, Trubrit said:

Hi guys.  I contacted Skoda UK by phone as there on line form is defective...thinks they are having data protection issues?  No Dealership in my immediate area can see the car for a inspection of the rust for at least six months!  Bristol Street Motors in Darlington can inspect it on 2nd July.  Looks like this is my only option through a Dealership.  They want £50 to look at it and I can ask for this to be refunded if the claim is successful. I'm not impressed by this at all.  My other options are a £160 fix by a local body shop or trade the car in.  Seriously considering option number two.  I thought the brand had moved on from what it once was.  Maybe I've come to expect better service after being in the USA for twenty years?  Nah, don't think so.  Skoda listen up.  

Eh?

Charging for a warranty claim inspection, that made me laugh :D. I hope you told Skoda UK that one of their franchised dealers is taking the p**s!

I spoke to Pulman Skoda in Durham today regarding my 12 year body protection warranty claim.

I was able to get straight through to the warranty manager, no charge to inspect the car either.

• 3 months later...