Mk2 fabia vrs side lights are my fog lights??

This is a bit of a weird one for me as I never really noticed until recently but my fabia when I turn my lights on to side lights my fog lights come on instead of the actual ones in the head lights and the same obviously when my dipped is on. No side lights on at all.. just wondering if anyone else has or is having this and how do I go about getting it back to normal because the lights are really dim? 

It is Normal.   Little Blue Dummy Bulbs in the headlights.

There are no Front Fog lights and there are no Sidelights in your headlights unless someone modified them.

Your DRL's are down where Fog Lights might be expected (the switch in beside the fuses can switch the DRL's off) and put on your Sidelights or sidelights & Head lights and they become Side Lights. Less bright than when DRL's.

*You have a way of switching on the rear Fog Light, nothing for Fronts.*

post-86161-0-74943500-1478766698.jpg.09b2a7921674ae46cdda72da7a218ec4.jpg

imageproxy.jpg.40d091146759dbcade63ce7e9288a207.jpg.22bcd36cb99d1a2f122373ded035236a.jpg

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 2

As the gent  above said I've looked this yesterday myself and the drl 's are where the front fogs would be and they have a switch where the fuses are. I have mine set to on and the sidelights don't really do anything as I have upgraded my switch to an auto light one

They do a few things.

The Sidelights make the car legal even if others might think you are a d!ck with Fog Lights on.

They have MOT testers fail cars because there are no Side / Position lights to front right or left.

That happens regularly.

eg

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 17.46.08.png

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/01/2020 at 18:40, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@UrbanPanzer  Lovely. 

But might help others if you said they work because you modified them from standard, and maybe link your guide to what you did.

Got round to doing a guide.....webpage work in progress.

http://www.fabiavrs.com/Fabia VRS MkII Side light mod.htm

• Like 3