DSG repair costs-should skoda pay

Should Skoda help/pay for DSG gearbox repair costs on Nov 19 reg Octavia with 21000 miles that they have serviced.

They are looking at the mecatronic (whatever that is) and quoting a few hundred pounds before anything has been found.

Was ok  until horrible screeching and then emergency mode with safe to drive message.

Is the DSG gearbox a known issue

Yours is a DQ200 so that is the relevant DSG. 

Issues with DQ381,s that are becoming more common are not relevant.

Are they quoting you a few hundred £ just to diagnose the fault with the MCU / Mechatronic Control Unit? 

No servicing of the gearbox was done as none required.

Plenty known issues, 2009-2012, 2013-2015, then 2015 til about 2018.  Fitted to 1.0, 1.2. 1.4, 1.8 TSI's and 1.6 TDI,s.

Issues with any fitted to 1.5TSI's after 4 or 5 years will only start coming in from about now.  There have been some posted on social media / forums etc already.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/512342-7-speed-dsg-clutchcost

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/501404-automatic-gearbox-issues

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/475102-dq200-dsg7-mechatronic-tear-dow-and-repair-and-change-in-body

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/511671-skoda-octavia-hatchback-15-tsi-se-l-5dr-dsg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/507580-dsg-7-dry

Faults, not the screeching though.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

There will be those along that can help with those codes, @varooom@Crasher@ApertureSor A.N.Other.

?

Is it recovered to a main dealers?

Was it the AA person that mentioned hundreds?

& what does the master tech say @ a main dealership / authorised repairer say,

does he / she say it needs a new MCU, are they saying an issue they will support you with in getting Skoda / VW involved to inspect your car. 

Accuator repair kit, new MCU or whatever. 

• Like 1

Recovered to main dealer, it was them yesterday that quoted £250ish to look at it. As such they have not come back to me with any findings as yet

I did raise issue of cost and that I should not have to pay on a car this new that they serviced and they said they will raise with Skoda.

Had battles in the past with Skoda with my Fabia VRS and thought a simple Octavia 1. .5 family car wouldn't give me headaches

Hoping to hear something this week but worried that hearing nothing is the build up to them saying it will cost a packet

11 hours ago, Neillvrs said:

Should Skoda help/pay for DSG gearbox repair costs on Nov 19 reg Octavia with 21000 miles that they have serviced.

They are looking at the mecatronic (whatever that is) and quoting a few hundred pounds before anything has been found.

Was ok  until horrible screeching and then emergency mode with safe to drive message.

Is the DSG gearbox a known issue

I own the same gear box & the same engine, my cars an 19 reg & covered 27k, up to now the dsg box has been faultless.

I'm not sure what Skoda are like with regards to goodwill gestures once your car is out of manufacturers warranty? As I'm fairly new to vag cars, although in the past I've made many warranty claims with other manufacturers. Do you have a fssh? 

I hope they paly ball (Skoda that is).

Edited by Phoenixboy

9 hours ago, Phoenixboy said:

I own the same gear box & the same engine, my cars an 19 reg & covered 27k, up to now the dsg box has been faultless.

I'm not sure what Skoda are like with regards to goodwill gestures once your car is out of manufacturers warranty? As I'm fairly new to vag cars, although in the past I've made many warranty claims with other manufacturers. Do you have a fssh? 

I hope they paly ball (Skoda that is).

Will be chasing them today as had car since Tuesday and heard nothing so far

Skoda had the car one week. No contact/feedback although chasing daily and promised return calls/update. Chased again Saturday Morning as last chase Friday was advised a technician was looking at what was needed. 

You wonder what the technicians have done since Tuesday

Saturday advised no one there to update properly but the staff member said all she could see in somewhere between new engine and gearbox or recondition engine gearbox.

Somewhat concerned now as that sort of talk will be 4 figure numbers. Cannot be reasonable on a 21000 mile Nov 69 Octavia with DSG 1.5 tsi to completely fail in such a short time when the main dealer has sold the car and serviced the car since bought. (Last service January 2023)

It could be as simple as the MCU. Dq200 issue.

Any engine issues and talk of such is just some nonsense from somebody, anybody.   The Master Tech or Tech with the gear and something between the years need to get involved. 

• Like 1

Will be chasing again tomorrow as  doubt anyone will have the common courtesy to contact me. Hoping for some better news as need the car by Thursday. 

• Sad 1

Chased Skoda again as surprise no call back made to me.

They are quoting £7500 for engine and gearbox.  Why the hell do we need a new engine if it was just the gearbox that failed

• Confused 1

Not a clue as yet, as was like getting blood out of a stone to find this much. Will be back on to them tomorrow and hopefully get more answers

Latest update from the skoda dealership is 50% of the cost but still want £3800 and they advised Skoda UK have refused any goodwill

They are quoting just to replace the gearbox apparently.

Not accepted this offer as still don't see why I should be paying for something they supplied that failed after42 months so waiting for them to come back again

If I have understood your numbers you bought a 2019 vehicle from the dealer in October or November2019, I presume a 3 month old vehicle with less than 10K on the clock usual Bravo Sugar ex demonstrator, Sales Managers car blah blah blah etc. You have since had it serviced by them.

What warranty did you recieve from them when you purchased?

On what basis do you believe that the selling dealer and not you should be responsable for the cost of repairing a fault on your vehicle if it is no longer covered under the warranty from when you purchased it?

@Neillvrs  I take it that you will be getting in touch with Skoda UK and the executive office and not the crowd that are contracted to do the Customer Services.

Get copies from the dealership of their communications with Skoda UK.

Surely they will be wanting an Area Warranty Manager to have an inspection and report on the DSG for the factory & themselves.

Treating the early demise of a DQ200 DSG as a rather important matter.  

Considering the past history of them 2009-2012, then 2013-2015, World Wide Recalls excluding Europe, then the issues 2015-2018 with TPI's on software and clutch packs.

Then the MCU issues from 2018 on. 

368071363_Screenshot2022-03-2511_55_58.jpg.edf9de7f74f6008ca469ca99fb9091d8.jpg.59c8e70155a4cf78e8950a1f2f6ef6be.jpg

Bought car Jan 2021 8000 miles no extra warranty taken now at 21000

Not contacted skoda UK myself as yet as waiting on further contact re skoda covering the costs from the dealership

If no progress there will escalate as has to be faulty gearbox for it to fail so soon and so few miles when they are servicing the car

Family have plenty of skoda and DSG running happily near 100K miles