vRS Owners, cars with a VAQ front diff, a question on the servicing and what you are being told at Skoda Main Dealerships?

?

Are you being told the VAQ requires a Service @ 2 years or at 3 Years / 30,000 miles?

?

How much have you paid for the VAQ diff service or how much are you being quoted? 

Reason for the question. 

Different info from different sources but from people that should know.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 19.03.52.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-14 19.02.56.jpg

............................................................................................

1467996388_Screenshot2023-01-09at13_48_41.jpg.ca2f722a0a0bcc9fc31da6233ecc3d3f.jpg

1539169169_Screenshot2023-01-09at13_48_22.jpg.cc5cdffddef4768aa0a9cf4f691085af.jpg

Edited by toot

• Ootohere changed the title to vRS Owners, cars with a VAQ front diff, a question on the servicing and what you are being told at Skoda Main Dealerships?

I don't quite understand how should this work for the diff oil change? Would this be an extra service between regular service intervals if your regular service intervals are far away from that 2 year/60k period? Or is diff oil change done with the service which is the nearest to that 2 year/60k timeframe? So I can expect diff oil change at my next service in a couple of months?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toot said:

@LukasikThanks. can you explain, is this a schedule with the prices? 

The DQ381 @ 120,000 km etc.   192,60 euro ?

Any idea how much they want for the VAQ service?

This is very old prices. Scgedule is 2k19y date. Dont look at the prices. I dont know the prices because my car is 11kkm 5months. Only know oil change setup is 240euros

Edited by Lukasik
  • Like 1

By dealer diff oil change is 60k km or 2 years. You can chamge sooner, but this numbers are talkink about car warranty this is red line to change . Sooner better but not later than 2years 60k dealer words... I dont know in other countrys, intervals may be different because for example for miles not km. But diff oil service are about interval change not between intervals

Edited by Lukasik
  • Like 1

On the the golfgtiforum, there is a screenshot of a VW workshop manual and it shows 3 yrs, no mileage given for the Golf. Also a few posts on what people have been charged for the VAQ service:

GolfGTIforum.co.uk - An independent forum for Volkswagen Golf GTI enthusiasts.

Edited by Bogwoppit
  • Thanks 1

VW Group / Skoda are big on this 2 year interval stuff including the first brake fluid changes.

Anyone would think they were fined billions for defeat devices, then there was a pandemic. and a semi- conductor shortage and they need dealerships to get more work.

Or. 

Have they found with the VAQ  just like with the Haldex that the intervals were wrong, and the same with brake fluid that used to be first at 2 years then each 2 over a decade ago, then was changed to first @ 3 years then each 2..

Maybe the can make it clear in Owners Manuals since owners / drivers do not get Service Books.

Mk3 VAQ's.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/471790-vaq-haldex-on-2016-pfi-230vrs-does-it-have-one-and-the-service-interval

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/494489-front-differentil-service-vrs-245

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/482132-vrs-vaq-diff-servicing

Edited by toot
  • Like 2

I will be interested if anyone at Skoda UK pick up on this this weekend and Dealerships will be getting reminded,.

There is a new Golden Goose.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/501456-front-differential-to-gearbox-oil-leak

Once they tell people an oil change is required hopefully they can do it correctly.

So, Service Managers can say

'Call them and tell them their VAQ is due a service.'

Even those that do not have a VAQ,. we can do a free check / up-selling.  The AC needs serviced @ 2 years, & tell them their timing chain / belt is due as well.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/485788-cracked-haldex-unit

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.jpg.1f280cf19f68232da039c11a127bd6d9.jpg

Edited by toot
  • Groan 1

So went in for my first service at just over 15.5 k miles and 21 months old car. I have an issue with the gear selector lever of the DSG, so while the car is in, thought to have it serviced. After I left the car, they called me and said - "oh, it's recommended to change the brake fluid, but that's not covered in your service plan. Here's an invoice for 91 quid. Also, it's recommended to change the oil of the front diff (I only have 1 diff, but hey-ho) every 2 years - £120 (or something, can't remember, but will confirm), but we need to order the oil first, so we'll have to rebook you to come back." I'm like - erm, I booked the car for servicing more than a month ago. Surely you knew it needed oil change of the front diff... They said - well, every car is different, and blah-blah... anyways, so back in on the 25th for the gear lever mechanism change and diff oil change... At least they fixed some of the software issues I had, but took my engine cover away. After asking them if a replacement is coming, the answer was - nope, we just remove the old ones and throw them away... so much fun

Edited by Tishout
Typo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, returning to the topic.

I am not yet there, I am planning to do this on the third year. All seems to be feasible, I did a check the other day and, besides the tricky position of the filling plug, not a complicated thing to do. In my case, I am stuck on the pump relearn. I have already checked basic setting on control module 32 ... but I do not have the option of pump motor. Somebody sorted it out?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mario_Delgado said:

Hi guys ... for those who have already performed the VAQ diff service .. do you know If the pump was removed and filter cleaned? 

I don't have this information. On the service report all it was written was "vaq diff oil change"

2 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I don't have this information. On the service report all it was written was "vaq diff oil change"

The same…

• 4 months later...

Well ... I have all I need to do the change, hopefully I will have time enough next week to perform the service. 

Just one curious thing, when reading live data from control unit 32  Lock Electronics I have this:

image.thumb.jpeg.08cb052b6fb0f0c082467bda22fc4f08.jpeg

Control module temperature is coherent with the environment when I did the test ... but take a look to cooling fin temperature and clutch temperature, on the paper both are intended to be quite close to the control module temperature but ... wow, those values are completely out of range. I do not see any fault on the control unit so I guess it's working as expected. 

• Confused 1

• 6 months later...

Bump for @MarkyG82  just one of similar threads on VAQ,s.   Lots of cars out there with a VAQ diff might not have had it serviced.  Including Skoda VW approved used cars with FMDSH.       In the MK4 section seemingly now a @ 2 year / 20,000 miles schedule item. 

• Like 1